Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?

Article about: The seller claims its an FLL, but I am not happy with neither the hinge, pin or catch. It also comes with an expert certificate, but I have my doubts. Opinions ? Thanks. Tommy.

Default Re: Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?

I am glad I am not the only one to see that.
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Where is the round "spot/dot" that is shown at 1 O'Clock on the reverse side in the certificate photo? It does not seem to be present on the badge itself. Also, the rivet on the right hand reverse side of the badge itself looks to have a widened oval seat to it, but the certificate photo shows no such oval shaping. Something is definitely not looking right here-the certificate seems to show a similar but different badge than the badge itself shown. Even the pin hinge looks considerably different-the certificate's hinge is slightly slanted to the lower right and the badge's hinge is straight. (Besides the fact that the hinge itself looks like a different hardware set-up)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

They are two different badges .
    chris

What's particularly disturbing, is the reverse flaw on the wing feather that Joachim circled out. It is, indeed, present on both badges. Did All of these FJ badges by this maker have this flaw, or is this a tell-tale for a new and fairly well made fake?
    William

Good morning guys,

i see i stay alone with my opinion,but that´s no Problem for sure in a Forum.The perspective of the badge from the seller pics and the pics from the COA are different.I think also,that the COA pics was made by Flash.

I am a little bit confused,that we only have a discussion about the COA and the question:See we two different badges?The focus shoult go to the badge itself imo.Is it good or bad?I stay to my opinion.

I will go sleeping yet guys....good night

Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	499703  

Hello Joe, I, also, see nothing to alarm concerning this badge. It does, indeed, look like an unmarked FLL and is in excellent condition-almost unissued. If it had been presented on it's own merits without the controversial certificate, it would hardly have been worth mentioning, as it looks to me to be a one-looker. However, the odd problems with the photos that do not match to those of the certificate's is troubling and should be explained. I do not believe that the 2 badges shown are the same piece and why this is, is a mystery. Perhaps the Seller mixed up his paperwork? One should contact him and inquire. If no papers exist for this badge, then it would make matters much simpler and it would be judged simply by it's features. With the strange circumstances of the certificate, though, it makes for a somewhat more complicated opinion, is all.
    William

I think the two badges are one and the same, the lighting during photography has thrown some shadows around that can be confusing.
    The "solder" detail around the catch is identical to me. the "dot" mentioned is possibly not seen on the photos due to angle and lighting again.
    There is a half round mark on the wreath next to the lower feather clearly visible on the COA photo, it can also be seen on the new pics. A small thing, but relevant, no?

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I think the two badges are one and the same, the lighting during photography has thrown some shadows around that can be confusing.
    The "solder" detail around the catch is identical to me. the "dot" mentioned is possibly not seen on the photos due to angle and lighting again.
    There is a half round mark on the wreath next to the lower feather clearly visible on the COA photo, it can also be seen on the new pics. A small thing, but relevant, no?

Tom
    That`s also exactly my personal opinion Tom.I think the pics from the COA,hit us with a optical deception.I want only say,that i earn my money not with Militaria items and writing "COA`s".So it is always my personal opinion as a private collector.You can believe it,or not!

I try always to make a serious Job.But every human makes sometimes mistakes.I was knowing this badge before it was posted here.It is for a longer time for sale.This "FLL" badges are not very popular in the collecting Scene,so it is in dead stock,nobody is buying it for that Price.I think,the badge it is for a full blood variant collector of Fallschirmschützenabzeichen a nice adding.This early example is not easy to find in this condition.

But for that money,i would wait for a early Juncker or IMME.It is always worth to wait for the real deal.I could add a very nice "IMME" badge last year to my collection.I payd 850,- Euro for it.It was a fair price under collectors.Not cheap,but fair for a rare variant of a "IMME" Fallschirmschützenabzeichen in very nice condition.I think,you can not really compare a early "FLL" with a early "IMME" or "Juncker",when we look to the quality.

As always guys:It is only my personal opinion!!

Regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Large 002.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	499814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Large 003.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	499815  

I agree with joe,same badge. its ok.

Beautiful IMME!
    William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12