Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?

Article about: The seller claims its an FLL, but I am not happy with neither the hinge, pin or catch. It also comes with an expert certificate, but I have my doubts. Opinions ? Thanks. Tommy.

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?

The seller claims its an FLL, but I am not happy with neither the hinge, pin or catch.

It also comes with an expert certificate, but I have my doubts.

Opinions ?

Thanks.

Tommy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?

Hi,i think your right!!The front detailing looks very poor to me,and unless that is just the way the flash has made it look,the Adler looks far to "mirror" like,just my opinion but I would stay clear of this one,there are some real experts here on these awards and they will tell you for sure! Leon.

I am also not a fain of this badge.
    Is this the same badge from the pictures on the document.
    Because to me the head is totally different from each other.
    chris

I see no Problem with the badge.It is a para badge,that is attributed to "FLL".A earlier type B,with a brass eagle and zinc wreath imo.The COA from "Baldes" looks also o.k.

Regards
    Joe

?

Looks as if we have conflicting opinions. I'm leaning more with the naysayers on this one. The badge in the COA looks completely different. For starters, the neck is longer in the photo. The eyes don't match up. The photo eagle has a more defined brow. The solder points in the photo look more silver whereas the actual looks to be blacked. In the photos there is gap at the end of the neck whereas in the actual the neck ends on the wreath. The rivets in the photo are much larger than on the actual. I see more questionable areas but I think I will stop there.

Thank you all for your input.

I dont know what to do here.

I think i will wait for more opinions.

Regards.

Tommy.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I see no Problem with the badge.It is a para badge,that is attributed to "FLL".A earlier type B,with a brass eagle and zinc wreath imo.The COA from "Baldes" looks also o.k.

Regards
    Joe
    I will defer to Krads opinion any day of the week on para badges,he knows his stuff,trust me!!! If Joachim says that it is a good one,then it's a good one!! Leon.

Only short,i must go to work.Also without the "COA",for me a fine original "FLL" badge in outstanding condition.A COA is for me nothing worth,it`s only a personal opinion (Meiner Meinung nach).

The pics from the COA a very small,but i think it is the same badge.

Nice evening friends

Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen. Real or fake ?  

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Looks as if we have conflicting opinions. I'm leaning more with the naysayers on this one. The badge in the COA looks completely different. For starters, the neck is longer in the photo. The eyes don't match up. The photo eagle has a more defined brow. The solder points in the photo look more silver whereas the actual looks to be blacked. In the photos there is gap at the end of the neck whereas in the actual the neck ends on the wreath. The rivets in the photo are much larger than on the actual. I see more questionable areas but I think I will stop there.
    Mmmm,i see what your saying,the gap in between the Adlers neck and wing does appear to be different to the badge posted and the certificate picture!! I'm confused!! Leon.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Only short,i must go to work.Also without the "COA",for me a fine original "FLL" badge in outstanding condition.A COA is for me nothing worth,it`s only a personal opinion (Meiner Meinung nach).

The pics from the COA a very small,but i think it is the same badge.

Nice evening friends

Joe
    Hi Joachim,the more I look at the hinge on the certificate the more I think they are different badges! The hinge on the certificate looks like a schwerin/deumer type hinge,but the badge does not show the same type of hinge? "Genuine" certificate? badge?? Also note the dot/rivet type mark at the top right of the badge? Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 04-15-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast