Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen in zinc FLL?- ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you for help with this badge made of zinc not marked. After "research" I did I think it is FLL badge and it is in good condition compare to the others

It´s a dublicate (Zweitschrift) from the first Verleihungsurkunde. Possible that the first one was lost. The dublicate was done in 1943, so the date is different.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Yes you are right about this but in case the badge would be made before the certificate it could be strange. In this case I heard the soldiers bought other badge for use in field uniforms to save awarded ones. I have backhome konvolut from soldier who died in east and all awarded badges he left at home (they are in 100% condition) and used other he has bought. Make it sense?
    Mike
    That´s right. It was not uncommon, that the holders of awards had more pieces than the awarded piece. They often bought badges/medals in the LDO Shops for their different tunics/uniforms or for saveing their awarded piece as you already mentioned.

Hi Joe, thanks for your clarification, as always, you are the guru on this subject

Hi, a very nice grouping my friend. Those documents are what really makes this one for me as it puts the history with the object, so rarely found these days. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi Joe, thanks for your clarification, as always, you are the guru on this subject
    No Guru Juan...i am the normal one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12