Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64

Article about: Just picked this up. A nice late war Type K Assmann (double marked A & L/64). No remaining gilt on the eagle which is the norm of these badges but still has remains of the blackened wash

MAP
    ?

Default Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64

Just picked this up. A nice late war Type K Assmann (double marked A & L/64).

No remaining gilt on the eagle which is the norm of these badges but still has remains of the blackened wash on the obverse and reverse of the wreath.

This is also marked "2" on the reverse indicating the mold number. Typical rounded rivets. The award, according to Durante utilizes the same Type I wreath.

Both the hinge and the catch are cast integrally with the wreath. The pin is steel. Note the round casting marks on the reverse.

Looks unissued to me.

Regards,

Michael

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64
    P
    Many

Hi Michael, I think you have a good one although I'm not 100% positive as I think I can see a little "nipple" of metal on the reverse to the left of the makers mark. The Stagmeier fakes have one although I think theirs are in a slightly different spot, so yours is probably just a flaw.. I have never seen a good one of these with any significant finish left on the Adler, so that's another good sign. Here's my A L/64 to compare with. These late war ones are a mine field, and getting a good one is quite tough! Leon.Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64

MAP
    ?

Leon,

thanks!

I looked at yours in detail the last few days as I compared to mine. Is this flaw you see in the u shaped area between the wing and body? Will have to look again when I'm home.

I've poured over this award and compared to examples in Durante 's book. It looks good to me but I'm still learning. If this is a fake, I couldn't spot it!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Leon,

thanks!

I looked at yours in detail the last few days as I compared to mine. Is this flaw you see in the u shaped area between the wing and body? Will have to look again when I'm home.

I've poured over this award and compared to examples in Durante 's book. It looks good to me but I'm still learning. If this is a fake, I couldn't spot it!
    Here's the flaw plus a couple of others on the Staegmeier fake. Note that his version is always marked as mould 1. Hope this helps, I personally think the one you show is good.

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann L/64

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ned. A little sigh of relief on my side. Whew.... As noted, I did my HW and this one appeared to be good.

M

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Ned. A little sigh of relief on my side. Whew.... As noted, I did my HW and this one appeared to be good.

M
    That's the one Ned!
    No need to worry Michael, yours is a good one, as you can see, the "nipple" is lower down on the fake. I was 99% sure it was fine, but I wanted to double check. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Thank Leon,

I tried to post photos of the critical elements needed to determine its legitimacy as compared to examples in Durante's book.

Funny how small these awards are. This isn't my first so it is not a surprise but when compared to an IAB they are definitely smaller.

Textbook latewar Assmann in very nice condition, guess is not easy to find one with the gold finish, regards, Juan

MAP
    ?

I have never seen one with gilt in person. I think the para book has one but not sure.