Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

Article about: Hello all, thought I'd share this with you, I found this with all the other medals of my grandpa while cleaning up around the house around 2 years ago. Was quite shocked when I found it, I'l

WOW that is amazing!
    Keep these in Honor to your Grandpa!

Thanks for showing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres
    P
    Many

Wow, what a collection to find and a great memento of you Grandfather, can you post his erkennungsmarke in the ekm forum please, we'd love to see it. Thanks.

Perfect!

Thanks for all the kind words! Very nice of you. Sadly, I never got to know him, I bet he had a lot to say.. He died in a car accident in 1970.
    I will post his EKM tomorrow, I'm not home right now but I think it read Pi Ers Btl 253, so Pionier Ersatzbataillon 253, I'd guess he was trained in the use of explosives there since the Brandenburg Regiment were elite special forces that did covert missions and sabotage kind of an equivalent to the British SAS , I think.
    Luis

Thank you for sharing these prized heirlooms !
    Regards
    Paul

?

Great finds. I also had realiteves with awards, but all of their medals are gone by now, I know that my great grandfather had a Schwartz grade wound badge. Also sad that your grandfather died

MAP
    ?

OK. This is a 2nd Pattern Juncker. Otherwise known as the "Standard" pattern as it is the most common. It used the same wreath as the 1st pattern but the eagle was redesigned (primarily the to correct flaws in the "delicate" talons of the 1st pattern). And yes. It is aluminum.

The vast majority of these 2nd pattern awards are unmarked but it is a Juncker.

This is a great example despite the commonly broken catch. Shows clearly it was worn but still retains the gold finish on the wreath.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Ooo wait I forgot that my grandfather recently got awarded a Chernobyl service award, this it what it looks like

Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

CBH
    ?

Beautiful badge, and the fact it is a family item makes it priceless.
    Congratulations.

Thanks again for all your replies, in particular MAP for finding out the maker, I just decided to live with the fact it was an unmarked one, but nice to know who made it! Thank you very much, again.
    Luis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast