Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

Article about: Hello all, thought I'd share this with you, I found this with all the other medals of my grandpa while cleaning up around the house around 2 years ago. Was quite shocked when I found it, I'l

Default Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

Hello all,
    thought I'd share this with you, I found this with all the other medals of my grandpa while cleaning up around the house around 2 years ago.
    Was quite shocked when I found it, I'll tell you that much for sure!
    So, here I present to you his FS Schützenabz. des Heeres.
    Too bad the catch is broken but otherwise it is complete, though very worn because it saw lots of action.
    I've also attached a photo of him where he was wearing the badge ( around late 1944 when the Brandenburg Regiment became a PzGren Division hence he is wearing a StuG wrap)
    And a photo from around late 43 probably during the Dodencaese Campaign in Greece where he is standing on the left with his comrade who also was awarded the army paratroop badge.
    (That's why there's palms behind them and they are wearing tropical style uniforms)
    I also made the award document for this myself because the original is lost unfortunately.
    Yes, I know it looks crap but it's better than nothing
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres   Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres  

Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres   Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres  

Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres   Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres
    P
    Many

I might add, that the badge itself is made of aluminium but the pin is made of something different, silver maybe?

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Hold on to that! The pin in buntmetal. The wreath looks to be zinc but I can't be sure. Need to look at it more closely

The broken catch doesn't bother me at all. Clearly shows that this was a used award.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You can bet I will hold onto that. All of the items I have from my family will stay where they are and won't move, at least by me
    Thanks for the info on the pin, I think it is too light for it to contain zinc pieces, definitely feels like aluminium anyway.
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Doh.......I didn't even notice it was a Heer award! Wow!

I'm not proficient in these awards but at first glance I thought you had a 1st Pattern "Extended Talon" Juncker in Aluminum (as you note). But most certainly I'm wrong so don't quote me on this. Hopefully someone will give you correct info. I will try to look at my reference materials later to see if I can find a match.

Extremely typical for catches to break on these aluminum Para awards

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Haha, don't worry , though I thought, the title was obvious enough.. well anyway
    Would be nice if you could give me any additional info on it.
    I've heard that the catches tended to break on these types of badges, unfortunately.
    By the way, this will be the first time any of you will have had the chance to see these photos, since they are in the photo album of my grandfather, and I have never posted them online prior to this.
    I've heard that you do not see Brandenburg Regiment photographs that often
    Luis

Just FYI, here are pictures of the things I found while cleaning up as I found them, the quality isn't the best as I was shaking quite a bit as I found them haha
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres   Grandpa's Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres  

MAP
    ?

Those are some fine heirlooms and memories!

For the Para, I would like to see a close up non angled photo of the head of the eagle and the talons

Would also like to see a straight on photo of the "Heer" eagle holding the swastika (top of the award).

Okay, I have taken some photos, MAP.
    I hope these are good enough, I only have my 4 year old phone for a camera right now
    But as for now these are the best I can get.
    Luis

Thank you for sharing!

Mart

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast