Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?

Article about: Dear colleague collectors, I'm a young starting collector with a very small collection. Have saved because I'm not going on holidays this year. Currently I'm looking for an ORIGINAL and reas

Default GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?

Dear colleague collectors,

I'm a young starting collector with a very small collection. Have saved because I'm not going on holidays this year.

Currently I'm looking for an ORIGINAL and reasonable priced Fallschirmjagerschutzenabzeichen.

As young starter I'm finding it very difficult to see if a German Paratroopers Badge is original or a dangerous fake ??

Someone recommanded me to look to the following shop but the prices will be perhaps - because a dealer - at the top?

What about the following two LW Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen badges?

( AM VERY SORRY I COULDN"T DOWNLOAD ANY PHOTOS AND REPOST THEM HERE, perhaps secured images, normally I would place images instead of weblinks)

NUMBER ONE: (condition, colours, pins, attachments and all elements and makersmark and patina OK or not ? Items seams to have "wear" but ok? patina ok? and price?
    early badge or a late war badge? tombak and nadelhaken ok ? What about the patina at the back? OK ? Or treated later afer 1945? )

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/67/Fallschirmschuetzenabzeichen_GWL__283767.html

NUMBER TWO (perhaps a better condition, but first above one has wear which gives me a bit a better feeling because of a piece of history):
    https://www.weitze.net/militaria/49/Fallschirmschuetzenabzeichen_GWL__264349.html

I prefer to discuss them with well experienced collectors first before buying ... and to make a big mistake ... All comments are welcome about the conditions of the badges,
    opinions about the components, patina and needles/nadelhaken and makersmarks.

Topprices for a GWL? Don't need a mint badge.. but a honest piece with original patina and in all aspects Original.

Thanks in advance , and also private messages are welcome.

MANY MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!! Because for me as starting collector it's like walking through a minefield....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?
    P
    Many

Both items are at the top of my budget ... that's the reason why I'm very cautious. Hoping on comments form very well-experience German Luftwaffe / Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen collectors who can compare and review the forwarded items. I don't have any reference books and no price experience. So cautious and hoping on help from other collectors. Thanks in advance.

GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?

Hello as far as I know Weitze is a reputable dealer. At least I cannot remember any complaints about him on here. The badge IMO looks good compared to other accepted sunken rivet variants. The condition looks nice, with proper detail and patina but not excessive wear/abuse, I too think it's priced rather high at 950 eur. Here's a thread for comparison, images from Weitze's site (second link). Please wait for others to chime in. Welcome to the forum! Best regards.

Brian

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/falls...fe-gwl-242165/

GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?

First badge from weitze 850 eur.

Brian

Hi Brian, Thanks a lot for your reply and comparable images. Personally I like the first badge (WITH WEAR at the back et cetera) the most ... but indeed I'm hoping to get replies and opinions from other collectors too, like your advice. PLEASE PM me in a private message what you paid for your badge, because where I saw them are perhaps the asking prices the highest.

This one I prefer the most:
    https://www.weitze.net/militaria/67/...L__283767.html

The second shows to be in a much better condition... but 950 Euro
    https://www.weitze.net/militaria/49/...L__264349.html

Hoping on opinions from other with a lot of condition and authenticity experience in regarding to German Paratroopers Badges.
    I read that there are existing GWL Fakes, thus very cautios.. as starting collector.

But ... is the patina ok? the back shows some irregularities. restoration(s), repair(s) or damages?

Hello. The badge I posted for reference is not mine, I haven't found one in my price range yet, I may never lol. I enjoy the study of all TR era pieces. Having said that I still believe both badges on weitze's site are good. But you are certainly right to post first, especially on a expensive purchase like this. I agree the badge you prefer has just the right amount of wear/patina, the other example IMO is not that much nicer to warrant the added 100 eur. In any event its a good badge to invest in as i cannot forsee the prices on them decreasing in the future. Hopefully someone more experienced with these will chime in soon. Best regards.

Brian

Please stop posting links as we do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites nor the posting of just links as the thread will become useless in the future when the items are sold.
    Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

Find a way to save the images and post them here yourself or the thread will be closed and deleted.
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread explains how to add photos to you posts.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dear Ralph, I'm very sorry! Promise to don't post weblinks again because weblinks will expire about months/years. For now two images.

MAP
    ?

Quote by startingcollector View Post
    Dear Ralph, I'm very sorry! Promise to don't post weblinks again because weblinks will expire about months/years. For now two images.
    StartingCollector.

LoL... No reason to apologize and don't worry about the "missteps" regarding links and such.....your new and just need to learn the ropes.

And welcome to the forum. Your starting off right by asking the correct questions! You will certainly protect yourself for that gut wrenching feeling finding out you have thrown away good money for a fake...I was in the same boat as you at one time. ...I had TWO paratrooper awards that turned out to be fake (and quite a few other awards as well) before I found WRF. Since then, I have a perfect record!

I also just saw a great condition zinc Para award for sale for a great price that I was going to recommend. Unfortunately it sold within 2 hours...But while desirable awards, they are not rare. So just be patient and you will find one.

Here is another nice condition award for a lot less. That said, a lot goes in the pricing of the awards. Condition, material, maker, etc. etc...

Luftwaffe paratrooper badge by Berg & Nolte
    Last edited by MAP; 08-06-2017 at 03:38 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi new collector, it is good to be very careful on the purchase of a badge like this $$$. On a army parachutists badge one clue to it being a fake is the position of the bottom talon. If it points out the badge is good, if all the talons are facing the same way it is most likely a fake. I know you have an air force badge which has the swastika at the bottom. Personally I would want to see all of the badge. Do they ban even emailing you a pic of the entire badge. I don't know if I could pay that price, there are a lot of badges in the $200-$300 range that are pretty nice also. My advice is take your time and also try and research it yourself some. I was on a big US German medal sight. They sell a repro for almost ever badge or medal, that I find very scary.

John

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast