Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......

Article about: .....but i like it very much.I picked up this very special JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.It is the first time,that i see one of this "mystic" badges.I saw it only in the para boo

Default JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......

.....but i like it very much.I picked up this very special JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.It is the first time,that i see one of this "mystic" badges.I saw it only in the para book from Durante and at the database at a other forum before.

It is a very late war badge,made from "war-metal".Really a bad late war quality!Note the many cracks around the wreath and in part also at the eagle to see.But it is textbook for this kind of badge.

The badge have the typical set-up,that we know also from the numbered Panzerkampfabzeichen and numbered Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen from this maker.I am happy to show it here in the forum and i hope you like it also to see guys.

Regards
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......   JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......  

JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......   JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......  

JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......   JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......  

JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......
    P
    Many

?

Default re: JFS Fallschirmschützenabzeichen: Really not a beauty......

Wow! An incredibly rough but fantastically rare badge Joachim, thank you for sharing it here! Is there a known date these badges were produced?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian.I have no exact date,when they badges was produced.But it should be the least Fallschirmschützenabzeichen who was produced.A handful are known,of this badges.Tom Durante write in his book,that one badge is known,that was coming from a vet.

I am sure,that some collectors will not believe in this badges.I am pesonaly,believe in this badges.Specialy when i hold it in the hand.I have no doubt about it.

Hi Joachim

An old rule of collector is : popular ones - in mint condition. Rare one - at any condition. On the other hand - without all this cracks I would look with suspicion at this gem.
    All is speaking JFS : hardware , rivets so even without maker mark it would be easy to specify who is behind.
    Must have for para collectors and for sure - not many around.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Regards
    F23

Quote by Flieger23 View Post
    Hi Joachim

An old rule of collector is : popular ones - in mint condition. Rare one - at any condition. On the other hand - without all this cracks I would look with suspicion at this gem.
    All is speaking JFS : hardware , rivets so even without maker mark it would be easy to specify who is behind.
    Must have for para collectors and for sure - not many around.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Regards
    F23
    Wise words "flieger"....I see it also so.Thanks for looking guys!

?

Seventy six views and just four replies!

Guys, this is one of the rarest badges you will have the privilege of seeing. It might not be the prettiest, mintiest, shiniest badge in the world but it is a valuable and scarce piece of history. We can discuss the most common wound badge for pages but when an item worthy of discussion comes along, no-one wants to venture a thought or comment? I don't understand.

I find it quite amazing that considering the quality of the base metal, the eagle has held it's finish remarkably well. Without causing any damage Joachim, is the badge stable? Do the cracks go all the way through the metal? Is it still firm?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A superb badge. "Rare" is a much over used word in the hobby. But this badge does fall into that catagory.

Thanks for showing it.

Take good care of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

brilliant badge pleasure to see! keep it locked away! what metals were used? would it have ever been awarded so late in the war?

thanks rory

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Seventy six views and just four replies!

Guys, this is one of the rarest badges you will have the privilege of seeing. It might not be the prettiest, mintiest, shiniest badge in the world but it is a valuable and scarce piece of history. We can discuss the most common wound badge for pages but when an item worthy of discussion comes along, no-one wants to venture a thought or comment? I don't understand.

I find it quite amazing that considering the quality of the base metal, the eagle has held it's finish remarkably well. Without causing any damage Joachim, is the badge stable? Do the cracks go all the way through the metal? Is it still firm?
    Thanks Adrian!I think,it is normal that some guys would only looking for this badge.And we have also time for a discussion.The tread will stay here in the forum.

I think the cracks go to the middle.Not complete through the metal.It is unbelievable when we look at this badge,that it is stable.But it is!The eagle is also stable.The "Spannungsrisse" ( sorry in german i miss the word in english) are typical for the bad late war badges with the war metal,you know.

Also often to see at the Anti Partisan Badges from Juncker and the late war zink paratrooper badges from Juncker.I have see a Anti partisan badge a few weeks ago,who was broken complete through.It was repaired,but still a nice original Anti partisan badge.I hope,that the "Spannungen" are complete out of the metal and he will not broke complete.

Quote by rory View Post
    brilliant badge pleasure to see! keep it locked away! what metals were used? would it have ever been awarded so late in the war?

thanks rory
    Hi Rory,

war metal is a mix of different metal types.No pure metal in good quality.A very nervous metal,we can see at the cracks.I dont know,how many awards was from this badge in the late war.Tom Durante write in his para book from one known badge that was coming from a vet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast