Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Gentlemen, I'm trying to help out a friend who bought this piece from a Polish Flea Market (I know an obvious red flag there) None the less, does this badge stand a chance as to being origin

Default Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Gentlemen,

I'm trying to help out a friend who bought this piece from a Polish Flea Market (I know an obvious red flag there) None the less, does this badge stand a chance as to being original? I'm a complete fish out of water with these and hopefully I can be the bearer of good news for him. Thank you so much.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi Joel,
    It would really help if we had some larger, clearer photos to work with. For those who are not familiar with these, the more detail the better.
    For those who are familiar with these, these photos may be more than enough.
    Ralph.,
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph,

I called my friend and here are a few closeups. Apologies were given on picture quality. Thank you again.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Junker Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

raz
    ?

Looking through Previtera's book I see only barrel hinges with welded pins not block hinge with wrap around pin and the makers mark does not look correct for Juncker . That is what I see but wait for other opinions .
    Raz

Raz,

Thank you you much for your feedback. My friend had his suspicions now they may be verified.

MAP
    ?

I agree. Thumbs down for me. To add to the above, the eagle is highly lacking in detail. Very soft features.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

I thank you as well for your assessment. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my friend was adamant about knowing. He purchased it many years ago and hopefully to soften the blow, for not too much.

Thank you all once again.

Joel

MAP
    ?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    MAP,

I thank you as well for your assessment. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my friend was adamant about knowing. He purchased it many years ago and hopefully to soften the blow, for not too much.

Thank you all once again.

Joel
    We've all been there. I bought TWO fakes before I finally got a good one! Now THAT was painful
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not a "Juncker".

Fake as already mentioned.

And to add more fuel to the fire as if the above were not enough; I note some very obvious and excessive flash lines on the eagle and swastika in the last pic.

As stated, we have all been there. When I was 13 years old in the '70s I actually bought one made of lead!!!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."