Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)

Article about: Dear colleague collectors, Curious about your opinions of the backside of the next Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Assmann. I think that it's real, but like to hear opinions about the backsid

Default NEED HELP Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)

Dear colleague collectors,

Curious about your opinions of the backside of the next Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Assmann.

I think that it's real, but like to hear opinions about the backside of the badge.

Do you think that the backside shows restorations, damages, or is it just wear? I'm not sure and like to heare
    some badge expert opinions.

Would be great and appreciated to hear from you all as soon as possible. Because I have an opportunity to buy,
    but doubting now because of the back.

PLEASE SEE ESPECIALLY THE FOURTH (4th) PHOTO with details of the back. Have marked the area with red arrows.
    Restorations or damages? What we see there ?

Thanks all in advance for your eventually input.

NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)   NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)  

NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)   NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)  

NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)   NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm looking at this from a cell phone. Can't enlarge the photos but that looks like some type of glue that has peeled back.... Hence a repaired catch if I'm correct.

Can look more tonight.

Guys: anyone have views in the meantime.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would agree an original badge with a repaired catch. It must of been problematic (broken catch) with later Assman produced para badges? Could of been done in period or later?? Compare to the examples shown here in this previous post #17 shown by William Kramer.

NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)

Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.

NEED HELP  Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen Assmann   OPINIONS PLEASE (mainly about backside)

I don't believe it was repaired with solder however. It shows signs of delamination which I think would be an indication of glue or adhesive.

MAP
    ?

Looked again from my PC. Photos are not high rez nor can I get a clear view as to why that glue is there. This almost looks like "Hot Glue" from a glue gun...the way it has peeled back. That said, that type of glue is not very strong to hold a hinge..

Either way...I would say you should pass.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks both for your input. I will pass on the item because of a glued part. For me I thought about plastic, but glue is more accurate. Happily to now in advance. If not the glued element I would have been interested to acquire it.