Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

Article about: Gents, what do you think about authencity and value of the badge:

Default Opinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

Gents,
    what do you think about authencity and value of the badge:

Last edited by rbminis; 02-09-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres
    P
    Many

I think it has a chance, but others with greater knowledge will chip in. I think it is for a Heer Fallschirmjäger, as it appears to imply it belonged to an officer in Fallschirm-Infanterie-Bataillon then it may be from the Fallschirm-Infanterie-Bataillon that was formed on 1st June 1938 when Fallschirm-Infanterie-Kompanie was upgraded to battalion size. In October 1938 it took part in the annexation of the Sudetenland. It moved to to the Rosalies Kaserne in Braunschweig on 4th November 1938 and later that month received its standard and the traditions of Sturm-Batl. 7 from Generalmajor Eugen Ott, Inspector in the Infantry. On 1st January 1939 the battalion was transferred into the Luftwaffe and used to form II./Fallschirm-Jäger Regiment 1.

Here are some brighter pictures of a similar silver badge

It is a good one

Cheers
    Doug

Opinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des HeeresOpinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des HeeresOpinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des HeeresOpinion on named Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

WOW !! Really beautiful. Glad it is a good one.

Beautiful badge. Your Doug is lovely as well, maybe even better.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Although there are some things I like about this one, there are also some things I do not.
    I have only viewed about 10 similar examples but I can not find one that has this poor of a detail to the eagle's head from the reverse. It just looks like a blob to me. These are supposed to be jeweler made silver pieces, and I would expect better quality than this one exhibits.
    I just don't think I would spend the amount required to acquire one of these if I was not certain.
    Coincidentally, the name on the reverse, Deumer?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Coincidentally, the name on the reverse, Deumer?

Hi Ralph,
    Name is Denmer actually.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hi Ralph,
    Name is Denmer actually.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    My mistake, so it is.
    Thank you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph you are correct in your observations about the details but as a hand stamped example I would expect some variations.
    Franko the badge is not in my collection but just an old one I have on file��

IMO the badge would be considered original but I do think it does take a leap of faith to have one in a collection.
    I wouldn’t consider having one unless I had rock solid provenance or it was cheap

I have noticed that the quality of reproduction awards in general have taken a great Leap Forward in the last 7 years.

Doug

Gents,
    thank you for your opinions.
    For your information - the badges was sold for almost 1000 Euro.
    Greetings
    Rafal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast