Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?

Article about: Hi there! Got this fallschirmschuetzenabzeichen. Is it an original? Greets, Willem

Default Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?

Hi there!

Got this fallschirmschuetzenabzeichen.
    Is it an original?

Greets,
    Willem
    Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?
    P
    Many

Nobody?

Quote by Willietaria View Post
    Nobody?
    What is your opinion of this medal?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Agree Ralph.

For me, I have only studied these in passing and rely heavily on written reference sources. I can not confirm originality but to me this looks to be either a Type A or B variation (leaning towards Type A as I don't see the brass wash). Hardware appears to be correct as well as maybe brass rivets and what appears to be some hand finishing on the reverse wreath.

That said, if there are any obverse characteristics to identify fakes, I am at a loss.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    What is your opinion of this medal?
    Ralph.
    I think original, checking other originals. But it is all in the details, and I really suck in finding detail differences....

Some more detail pictures...

Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?Original fallschirmschutzenabzeichen?

no one?

Hello again Willem. I am reluctant to contribute as I have not had the best of luck responding to your inquiries...however. I think it's a good badge mostly because the details all seem to be correct, head of the eagle, feathers, wreath etc. The reverse seems good to me too, the step block base to the hinge, the flatwire catch (albeit mishapen), and the rivets look correct as well. My only initial reservations we're the thickness of the wreath in the initial pictures. But seeing as the seller (I assume you haven't purchased this yet?) Has sent a multitude of good pictures and ones specifically of aspects of the badge one usually uses to authenticate good from bad would give me confidence about it's authenticity. Of course I understand this is an expensive object and if you would prefer to wait for a more qualified opinion I'd certainly understand. I d check out this thread and compare yours to the one in question, although with limited pictures I think it matches up quite well. Also Ned provides a thorough explanation of why it's good. Best regards and best of luck going forward.

Brian

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/falls...marked-670100/

?

It's possible that I'm paranoid, but I found three dents, one scratch and two bubbels the same as on the reverse of Staegemeir's fakes.

The size of the catch plate on the one originally posted seems smaller than the originals that I have found.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast