Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Article about: Here is my new Forestry Belt and Buckle :-) Not a mint example but nevertheless will go great with the coat.

Default Forestry Belt and Buckle

Here is my new Forestry Belt and Buckle :-)

Not a mint example but nevertheless will go great with the coat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4650.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	900223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4651.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	900224  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4652.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	900225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4653.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	900226  

Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

A nice set. I like the green belts, they look sharp with the proper forestry tunic. The snaps on the belt made it easy to switch from the Burnished buckle to the silver buckle. I know you had to wear a specific buckle color with a certain class of uniform. The Forestry brocade also has snap but I'm sure only the silver buckle went with the brocade. I have also had National Forestry belt in black and brown.

Here are few more - not from my collection :-(
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waldkoppel subdued Buckles 002 (857x1024).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	900281  

GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

?

For a second I thought those were my buckles. Here's a few more. I forgot my green belt was a Hessen and Baden. I have another green one somewhere.

Name:	image-2805280464.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	900284  

As I saw a brown belt with forestry buckle shown I thought to make a survey for the
    interest of the buckle-collectors:

Forestry belts:
    With the introduction for the 1938 regulation: Dienstbekleidungsvorschrift für den Staatsforstdienst from April 22, belts were worn as:
    Staatsforst: all officials had to wear with the A-type tunic a green 4.5 cm belt with the oval black burnished buckle. The lowest ranks (up to Unterförster)
    did wear with the B-type of tunic the same belt, but with the bright aluminum buckle (as they were not allowed to wear the brocade); the brocade was worn with
    the bright aluminum buckle. Those with the rank of Oberlandforstmeister (and upwards) did wear the same brocade with golden version buckle;
    Gemeinde- und Privatforstdienst, as well as Reichsnährstand: the oval buckle, but avoid of the eagle symbol. Reichsnährstand did wear before this date
    their typical buckle.

Name:	1938 img397.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	900298

Name:	1938 img396.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	900299

Before April 1938 there were varying orders. Mainly since 1934 or global as:
    army forestry (since February 1935): dark-green leather belt with burnished black double-claw. With the B-type of tunic a golden double-claw;
    airforce forestry (since March 1936): adapted to army standards. With the B-type of tunic an aluminum double-claw. This remained largely in later years.
    With the A-type of tunic the dark-green 4.5 cm belt up to Unterförster; the higher ranks a 6.0 cm dark-green belt. All with a black burnished double-claw. With
    the B-type of tunic an aluminum double-claw was worn.

Preussen (Prussia): as state-forestry, green belt, but with early type of Prussian buckle, burnished black; with B-tunic gilded buckle. As far as know also worn
    by municipal forestry;
    Bayern (Bavaria): as Prussia with gilded Bavarian type of buckle (Rock B) or a green leather covered double-claw (Rock A);
    Hessen: Rock A with green belt and black burnished buckle with political style of leagle, typical for this state; Rock B with gilded buckle;
    Baden: as Hessen. Also valid for Braunschweig with typical buckle for this state;
    Oldenburg: green belt with golden colored double-claw;
    Thüringen (Thuringia): green belt with burnished black buckle with symbol for the state); B-Rock with gilded buckle;
    Württemberg; green belt with burnished black buckle with symbol for the state; B-Rock with gilded buckle;
    Mecklenburg: as before but with typical symbol with buckle. With the B-Rock the buckle was gilded, the buffalo head silvered;
    Schaumburg-Lippe: no specific details were mentioned;
    Sachsen (Saxonia): green belt with burnished black buckle with state symbol; B-Rock with gilded buckle.

In none of the regulations brown belts were mentioned.

With the dress-regulation it is said:
    kleiner Walddienstanzug: belt;
    grosser Walddienstanzung: when ordered belt;
    Paradeanzug: belt or brocade;
    kleiner Gesellschaftsanzug: no belt;
    grosser Gesellschaftsanzug: belt or brocade.

Name:	1934 img399.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	900300

Name:	1934 img398.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	900301
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Great buckles and a very interesting thread!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Great bucles indeed!
    I am going to need one...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Baught this:

Name:	cimg3535.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	900302  
    cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for the info and here is an interesting article - http://www.tmcaonline.org/nl/Spring15/Spring2015.pdf

Intresting indeed.
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast