Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Article about: Here is my new Forestry Belt and Buckle :-) Not a mint example but nevertheless will go great with the coat.

Default Forestry Belt and Buckle

Here is my new Forestry Belt and Buckle :-)

Not a mint example but nevertheless will go great with the coat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Belt and Buckle   Forestry Belt and Buckle  

Forestry Belt and Buckle   Forestry Belt and Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forestry Belt and Buckle
    P
    Many

?

A nice set. I like the green belts, they look sharp with the proper forestry tunic. The snaps on the belt made it easy to switch from the Burnished buckle to the silver buckle. I know you had to wear a specific buckle color with a certain class of uniform. The Forestry brocade also has snap but I'm sure only the silver buckle went with the brocade. I have also had National Forestry belts in black and brown.
    Last edited by kirby; 07-12-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Here are few more - not from my collection :-(
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Belt and Buckle  

?

For a second I thought those were my buckles. Here's a few more. I forgot my green belt was a Hessen and Baden. I have another green one somewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Belt and Buckle  

As I saw a brown belt with forestry buckle shown I thought to make a survey for the
    interest of the buckle-collectors:

Forestry belts:
    With the introduction for the 1938 regulation: Dienstbekleidungsvorschrift für den Staatsforstdienst from April 22, belts were worn as:
    Staatsforst: all officials had to wear with the A-type tunic a green 4.5 cm belt with the oval black burnished buckle. The lowest ranks (up to Unterförster)
    did wear with the B-type of tunic the same belt, but with the bright aluminum buckle (as they were not allowed to wear the brocade); the brocade was worn with
    the bright aluminum buckle. Those with the rank of Oberlandforstmeister (and upwards) did wear the same brocade with golden version buckle;
    Gemeinde- und Privatforstdienst, as well as Reichsnährstand: the oval buckle, but avoid of the eagle symbol. Reichsnährstand did wear before this date
    their typical buckle.

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Before April 1938 there were varying orders. Mainly since 1934 or global as:
    army forestry (since February 1935): dark-green leather belt with burnished black double-claw. With the B-type of tunic a golden double-claw;
    airforce forestry (since March 1936): adapted to army standards. With the B-type of tunic an aluminum double-claw. This remained largely in later years.
    With the A-type of tunic the dark-green 4.5 cm belt up to Unterförster; the higher ranks a 6.0 cm dark-green belt. All with a black burnished double-claw. With
    the B-type of tunic an aluminum double-claw was worn.

Preussen (Prussia): as state-forestry, green belt, but with early type of Prussian buckle, burnished black; with B-tunic gilded buckle. As far as know also worn
    by municipal forestry;
    Bayern (Bavaria): as Prussia with gilded Bavarian type of buckle (Rock B) or a green leather covered double-claw (Rock A);
    Hessen: Rock A with green belt and black burnished buckle with political style of leagle, typical for this state; Rock B with gilded buckle;
    Baden: as Hessen. Also valid for Braunschweig with typical buckle for this state;
    Oldenburg: green belt with golden colored double-claw;
    Thüringen (Thuringia): green belt with burnished black buckle with symbol for the state); B-Rock with gilded buckle;
    Württemberg; green belt with burnished black buckle with symbol for the state; B-Rock with gilded buckle;
    Mecklenburg: as before but with typical symbol with buckle. With the B-Rock the buckle was gilded, the buffalo head silvered;
    Schaumburg-Lippe: no specific details were mentioned;
    Sachsen (Saxonia): green belt with burnished black buckle with state symbol; B-Rock with gilded buckle.

In none of the regulations brown belts were mentioned.

With the dress-regulation it is said:
    kleiner Walddienstanzug: belt;
    grosser Walddienstanzung: when ordered belt;
    Paradeanzug: belt or brocade;
    kleiner Gesellschaftsanzug: no belt;
    grosser Gesellschaftsanzug: belt or brocade.

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Great buckles and a very interesting thread!....

Great bucles indeed!
    I am going to need one...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Baught this:

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for the info and here is an interesting article - http://www.tmcaonline.org/nl/Spring15/Spring2015.pdf

Intresting indeed.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast