Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles

Article about: Hey Guys, Here are two interesting Feuerwehr buckles that I am curious about and trying to get some feedback on. I believe these 45mm buckles to be from the Imperial period and if they were

Default Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles

Hey Guys,

Here are two interesting Feuerwehr buckles that I am curious about and trying to get some feedback on. I believe these 45mm buckles to be from the Imperial period and if they were to display 2 solder points I would not have any questions. We see, however, that both show a single center solder point. These single center solder points are, of course, documented but to my knowledge mostly on pre-1895 50mm buckles.

As far as these two examples are concerned I like the boxes, roundels, the presence of verdigris and the solder points themselves.

Any feedback or opinions would be most appreciated

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles   Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles

Nothing wrong with these. They are 1895-1920s vintage. Nobody is faking them, so not to worry.

Adam, two interesting buckles, normally I have the same opinion about solder points but in this case I believe both buckles to be genuine, I also agree with the above comment in that why fake a buckle that is not really that collectable and of low value anyway. Interesting pieces!
    Ben

Nice buckles. I especially like the look of the bottom example. Very cool!

Rob

Many thanks for the help, Gentlemen. Definitely good-looking and underrated buckles IMHO Rob, I agree...here below is the 50mm I have with a very similar (though not exact) design to that roundel but displaying two solder points.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles   Single Solder Point Feuerwehr Buckles