Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unknown buckle

Article about: Hello gents. Don't quite know where to post this. Maybe a Political buckle. Anyone know. Not my buckle. Comments welcome. Regards Detlef

Default unknown buckle

Hello gents. Don't quite know where to post this. Maybe a Political buckle.
    Anyone know.
    Not my buckle. Comments welcome.
    Regards Detlef
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown buckle
    P
    Many

In my opinion, the buckle shown is a post 1945 fantasy.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Thanks David.
    Never seen this design before, thought it was odd.
    Detlef

?

The buckle is listed as unidentified in Angolia's revised edition. That buckle was from Angolia's collection and it sold at emedals for $503 + 20%. I would be Leery of the buckle but if you can get it cheap I would give it a shot.

I always have thought this type of buckle was/is indeed pure fantasy and I also know Angolia showed it in his revised edition on page 587.

But for forty years I am asking myself what is meant with the description for the black or grey uniform for the diplomatic corps
    (Tages-Dienstanzug des Auswärtigen Amtes), section IV (Beamte des einfachen Dienstes). The note is from November 1942.
    I should mention I have found it in two sources: one is typed, the other one is printed.
    The function-names were: Ministerial Amtsgehilfe, Amtsgehilfe and Hilfs-Amtsgehilfe (an adjunct). For all officials mentioned in the document
    the Feldbindenschloss (the round type of buckle) was a fact, except for the just mentioned functions.

In the section for officials from the lowest class a black leather belt is being mentioned, as well as a silver belt-buckle (Koppelschloss silber),
    this always is a rectangular type of buckle. I have never found a description for this type of buckle, nor I have ever seen it being worn. The state
    eagle meakes sense, along with the laurel leaves, as well as the inset with four tabs. Who knows! At this moment I do not have an idea about
    the possibility to be original!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-08-2018 at 03:24 PM.

?

Tom Johnson has a Diplomatic Corp bayonet in his collection. If some rank wore a bayonet instead of a dagger they might have worn a EM style buckle.

The above mentioned did wear a belt-buckle, according to the
    uniform-description, along with a dagger.
    For this special hangers from black leather were intended, along
    with a Troddel (not Portepee). A bayonet is not mentioned/included.

I doubt the diplomatic corps ever did use a bayonet!
    For what reason they should have a bayonet?

Quote by kirby View Post
    The buckle is listed as unidentified in Angolia's revised edition. That buckle was from Angolia's collection and it sold at emedals for $503 + 20%. I would be Leery of the buckle but if you can get it cheap I would give it a shot.
    Hey Kirby.
    I see this one (the one I posted) sold for 476.00 us. The description also quoted Angolia's revised edition. Would be interesting to see if it was the same buckle or another.
    Regards
    Detlef

Quote by Brumbar View Post
    Would be interesting to see if it was the same buckle or another. Regards Detlef
    Too me it looks the same buckle for sure. It has the same darker "spots", just above the inset (at two o'clock:
    right for the viewer), as well as just above the tab from the inset at lower right and near the upper right tab
    at the reverse!

Only the reiteration of my subjective opinion in that despite what has been said, I still feel that the buckle which started this thread is a fantasy item.

Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong, however do these fantasy buckles show up occasionally in two forms? A steel box with a non pebbled field and a light composite non ferrous box with a pebbled field?

The roundel always being affixed in place by four tabs and the outer rim of the roundel always showing the exact same design of a Laurel spray.

As for the centre of the roundel, well that is any persons guess!

Attached are images of a fantasy buckle that I hold, whereby the emblem is held in place by a split pin of sorts, inserted through a hole drilled in the centre of the roundel.

What is particularly interesting though is the exact shape of the half moon catch when the one displayed on the buckle that started this thread is compared to the fantasy piece that I have posted.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast