Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown buckles ?

Article about: Hello ! Please identify this belt buckles.Signed D.R.G.M.

Default Unknown buckles ?

Hello ! Please identify this belt buckles.Signed D.R.G.M.Unknown buckles ?
    Last edited by boskitomasz; 01-06-2016 at 06:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown buckles ?
    P
    Many

For 'D.R.G.M.' from Wikipedia: It stands for 'Deutsche Reichs-Gebrauchsmuster' which was used between 1891 and 1945 for a lot of procucts. It's a sort of patent protection (petty patent). According to other sources it was used until 1952 (please see for information DRGM - DRP - Registered and D.R.G.M.: An Early 20th Century German Copyright - The Bassic Sax Blog | The Bassic Sax Blog).

From the Bassic Sax Blog: "D.R.G.M., or sometimes DRGM, is not a German patent. It was instead a way for inventors to register a product’s design or function in all states within Germany. From 1891 to 1952, products manufactured in Germany might have been stamped with this D.R.G.M. designation, if the manufacturer opted not to pay the outrageous patent fees that Germany was charging, but instead chose to copyright their product’s intended way of use, or design. This copyright was initially for a period of 3 years, with an option to extend it for another 3. This gave the copyright owner a maximum of 6 years protection. As already noted, German patents were outrageously expensive, and many manufacturers could not afford the fees to register a full patent (fees for German patents were 36 times more than American patent fees). Those that could afford a German patent, had their products stamped with D.R.P. or DRP, which stands for Deutsches Reichspatent. Such a patent granted the patent holder a full 15 years protection." (please see D.R.G.M.: An Early 20th Century German Copyright - The Bassic Sax Blog | The Bassic Sax Blog)

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Looks like someone replaced the swastika insert.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown buckles ?  

This is it.Think you for help

there may be the original swastika emblem under there see if it peels off.

I am with Kirby, the Swaz has been replaced at some point
    Ben

?

Looking at the creases the swastika may have had a sticker placed over it. I would try to slowly remove it.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Looks like someone replaced the swastika insert.
    Dear kirby,

Very interesting hint. Maybe do you know who/which organisation wore such buckles?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

These buckles were sold at party rallies to raise funds for the Nazi Party.Worn by young people as trouser belts.
    Ben