Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

10 x 80 binoculars in box on Gumtree

Article about: Good afternoon, I am posting this as a warning to others who may be interested in buying a set of 10 x 80 binoculars which are advertised for sale on a website called Gumtree. A friend showe

Default 10 x 80 binoculars in box on Gumtree

Good afternoon,
    I am posting this as a warning to others who may be interested in buying a set of 10 x 80 binoculars which are advertised for sale on a website called Gumtree. A friend showed me the advert earlier today and I looked at it in disbelief. The seller supposedely from Liecestershire, Uk, has listed a pair of 10x 80's in the box (small box) with its accessories. A lovely looking set for sure. The advert was put on the site yesterday(18th October). I read the description and looked at the pictures...exactly the same wording and photos of the set I purchased and recieved last week from a seller in the USA. Still not convinced I went into my other room and checked the serial numbers....they were the same. So some guy has lifted the original description and photo's and is trying to sell something he does not have. I cannot believe this has happened today, as earlier today someone on the forum posted a link to a new shop in Holland selling militaria. 2 of the 3 photos they had used were from my museum and my private collection...twice in one day, whats going on out there?
    So its made me really suspicious of buying anything now from anyone. Its a mad world and this has really opened my eyes. Please take care in any purchases you are or intend on making on the internet.
    All the best,
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10 x 80 binoculars in box on Gumtree
    P
    Many