Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box

Article about: I have been after a good set of 10 x 80 binoculars complete in the box for quite some time and still need 2 more boxed sets. I managed to find a chap in the USA who had a set for sale and du

Default 10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box

I have been after a good set of 10 x 80 binoculars complete in the box for quite some time and still need 2 more boxed sets. I managed to find a chap in the USA who had a set for sale and duly purchased them with the carriage from the USA to Jersey Channel Islands nearly being as much as the purchase price. I was delighted when they arrived as after a quick wipe over they looked much better than I could have hoped for. They are a great matched set, binoculars, cradle and messkreis all being made by eug and the same number..... that was really lucky to get them like that. On the lid as you can see is the American soldiers name and details, and also in the box is his capture certificate. Whilst waiting for the box to arrive from the USA, I decided to google his name and I came up with a book published about his unit and there on the pages inside was a photo of the chap confirming also his address. The book arrived the same day as the optics, it was sort of wierd having the guys name and being able to put a face to him as well.
    Overall a really great bit of kit which is 99% perfect optically, and something I am really pleased to own. Such boxed sets don't turn up this side of the water too often and when they do they tend to be messed with and put together rather than original as issued bits of kit. If anyone has a boxed set or two that they want to part with then please let me know as I am working on a display that needs a couple more good sets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box   10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box  

10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box   10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box  

10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box   10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box
    P
    Many

Default Re: 10 x 80 Flak binoculars complete in the box

Superb set,very hard to find them like that and to have the history of the unit that took them as well!!i know of at least three collectors that have spent a long time piecing their box's together,battery box here,cables there etc nice find

?

Afternoon,

I live in Jersey myself (Is this Damian?) and have three sets of 10x80's with metal tripods, and one of them is boxed. They are in storage currently but my new place is smaller than my old so I may get rid of a pair or two when I finally get to move in. Contact me if you are interested. Also have about 3 pairs or Bino's and some other interesting bits too.

Regards,

Julian

?

Default Flak 10x80

Here is one of the pairs. Weird though as they have this Afrika Korps? thing on them.... any ideas of is it a fake label?

Hi All - I have just purchased some Flak 10x80 binoculars and just need the battery box cable to complete the set. Would any of you with multiple sets of these fine German binos be able to spare a cable and sell it to me ?

Many thanks from 'Down Under'
    Andrew

email

abr06996@bigpond.net.au