Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1936 Gas Mask and Canister

Article about: Hello all, this was part of a group of items I recently purchased. The canister is a great piece and has been very lightly used but there is some light rusting to some spots. It has 1936 sta

Default 1936 Gas Mask and Canister

Hello all, this was part of a group of items I recently purchased. The canister is a great piece and has been very lightly used but there is some light rusting to some spots. It has 1936 stamped on 5e inside next to a makers mark (I’m still trying to research who it is). The canister also has traces of paint on the outside and the same name three times on the bottom along with an ink stamped date of 1937. The straps are great and all the buckles and hooks retain all their paint.

The mask too is in great shape besides the fact that it has taken on the “shoved in a can for 70 years” shape. It’s 1936 dated on the lenses and so are the spare lenses. It’s covered with markings and the buckles are also still in great shape. The inside is marked with a 1 and under the seals it has many marking but I don’t want to move it too much so I’ll use the seller photos.

Lastly a quick thank you as I know I’ve asked many questions and haven’t answered too many. So again thank you to everyone who has helped me and answered my questions!

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Gas Mask and Canister
    P
    Many

1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister1936 Gas Mask and Canister
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Gas Mask and Canister  

This is a truly superb example of an early gas mask set. Well done! Spanish Civil War-era, if that could ever be proven. The deformation isn't that bad at all! If it really bothers you, you could always stuff the inside of the mask with tissue paper.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks! I forgot to show a picture of what it looks like not on a head. I said it has deformation then stuck it on a head so it looks fine. Here’s a picture of what it usually looks like not on a head. This is The sellers photo not mine.

1936 Gas Mask and Canister

?

It looks like it has DRP stamped on it....Deutsches Reiches Post ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I’m not sure, that could be possible and if so maybe why it’s in such good condition.

?

Deutsches Reichs Patent... I believe.

Nice early GM30, DRP is for Deutsches Reich Patent as already noted. Very nice example.

?

Great acquisition Bodhi.
    About the DRP stamp,is there a way to tell "post" from "patent"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast