Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1936 German army field phone

Article about: While cleaning out some of my father in laws camping gear, I found a 1936 German army field telephone. I know what is it, though I have no real idea as to what my father in law used if for,

Default 1936 German army field phone

While cleaning out some of my father in laws camping gear, I found a 1936 German army field telephone.
    I know what is it, though I have no real idea as to what my father in law used if for, or how he got it. Though a WW2 vet, he was a Pacific vet, so it will likely be a mystery.
    My questions are this- How do they work? Is tehre a way that I could attach wires and a battery to it and if I get a second one, make it work? Is there any literature or explanations? that a fairly thick headed person like me could follow to connect it up?

When I showed the phone to my cell phone aged son and daughter in law, they were impressed with the weight and size, and I have to laugh at how far technology has come in 70ish years.
    thanks!
    JAgdhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 German army field phone
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1936 German army field phone

would 200 dollars be a good price for one of those?

if the one you have at this time works....and you buy another one that works...and connect them buy some wire from the hardware and with a little help of my dad or another expert with electricity and wires you should be talking to someone else on the other line in no time

my great uncle had the second worst job in ww2 next to being a flamethrower guy....he went ahead of everyone and laid out wire for these phones to connect and the general and such could speak to each other...when he got back he did not talk much according to my grandma

?

Look at this-http://www.laud.no/ww2/telefon/index.htm