Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1936 Map Case

Article about: Picked this one up recently, fairly new to te Forum and still learning, so hope it's a good one. Found some information today about the "unit stamp" which was not easy to get a pic

?

Default 1936 Map Case

Picked this one up recently, fairly new to te Forum and still learning, so hope it's a good one. Found some information today about the "unit stamp" which was not easy to get a pic of, and still cannot get a good pic of the maker mark. Unit mark = 'Stab II / IR 22'
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Map Case   1936 Map Case  

1936 Map Case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Map Case
    P
    Many

I like it. The unit markings make it rather nice. Have you looked up the unit to see where they fought?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

looks in good cond.I read that as staff11 infantry regiment22.

?

Hi Ade, I did some research just today actually. It's Luftwaffe - Air Reconnaissance units:

1R - Aufklärungskette (Reconnaissance)

22 = Aufklärungsgruppe 22

Jeff

Nice early unit marked case. timothy

A nice one. I like the short auxillary straps looped through the back. The closing hardware is the same type you see on the Fernsprechtornister. NH