Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 Luger Holster

Article about: Hi chaps, I am after a 1941 luger holster, can you have a butchers at this one and give opinions please? I think this one is original but not my field Cheers

Default 1941 Luger Holster

Hi chaps, I am after a 1941 luger holster, can you have a butchers at this one and give opinions please? I think this one is original but not my field

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images 1941 Luger Holster  1941 Luger Holster  1941 Luger Holster  1941 Luger Holster  1941 Luger Holster 
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1941 Luger Holster
    P
    Many

From the outside it looks like a nice original holster in brown leather.

That one looks good to me Ben I had a similar one back in the late 70 just like it I think it is good to go. timothy

?

Hi Ben- The only thing I don't like about it is the color!. All Nazi era are black, though may not have started life as black. So what may have happened was someone tried very hard to clean it up and unfortunately cleaned too hard. Further evidence of what I'm saying is the back is black

Cheers guys, I looked at that, I actually thought that the holsetr had been dyed in the war and over time with cleaning etc the front has been poilshed/cleaned and the rear has there fore remained the black colour and the front and returned to its natural colour. One possible holster for me
    Ben

this one looks like a good one Ben. yes the WWII ones were black. I have seen a few WWI holsters that were dyed black for WWII.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

So John, if this one is stamped 41 then shopuld it not be black? Or is it a WW1 luger holster dyed black and restamped 1941? BTW picked up that 1918 luger today, I will post pics when the light is good enough to take them
    Ben

Ben is their any other markings on the holster other than what we can see?? It does look like it was cleaned. I don't really know without a hands on inspection. Everything else looks good for an Original era luger holster. I will be looking forward to your 1918 luger photos. I am bidding on a 1918 erfurt right now and I think it will go higher than I want to pay. So we will see what happens.
    Cheers,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

This holster started life as a brown dyed holster of WWI, of Between Wars post WWI or as a sneak era Holster vintage. It is of the old style belt and buckle at the side which is certainly fine as still present in 41 mixture. Being dyed as said before still fits as acceptable. All Nazi era were black whether it be redye or true black dye. The holsters stitching from a distant looks ok as long as stitching is not loose. Unfortunately someone over cleaned this one giving you a two toned reduced in value piece. You can redye it black, but you will not increase it's value and you may actually decrease it as now it is truely altered. Dyes today are totally different than yesteryear as all dyes today are eco friendly water based dyes. They adhere differently and look different. So Ben it just depends what you want to do with it, Collectors piece representative of the era-Don't think so. Representative piece of proper year, reduced in price, just want to redye and put on the shelf-OK
    How the backing was done depends what it was prior to becoming a Nazi era piece. Was the old manufactor simply sanded off and replaced with new-No as the epidermis of the leather is intact.

Docf

Cheers Doc, I am going to wait and see this luger on Sunday, if its as good as the dealer says it is then I will probably find a holster to match the condition of the gun (if that makes sense)

Cheers
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast