Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?

Article about: Hi everyone. I am still searching for an original A-Frame. What do you think about these? Regards, Chris

Default 2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?

Hi everyone.

I am still searching for an original A-Frame.
    What do you think about these?

Regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?   2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  

2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?   2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  

2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?   2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?

Hi Chris, you only provided links to these photos. I have uploaded them to the forum as links are not good. They can dissappear and so information is then lost. Please upload the pics of the leather version in a new post. Thanks!

This one shown I believe is an aged fake. Have you seen the thread about these?

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Yes Ade is correct, this A-frame is a postwar repro made to deceive collectors...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks, I already supected it to be a fake.

What about this one? The seller says I can return it if it is not original.
    Still I have doubts because the buckles seem to be unusual.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ?  2 A-Frames, leather and tropical - original ? 

Hello,
    The second A-frame posted is very interesting. This is not the usual tropical type, as the main body is made of cloth instead of webbing. It would be a quite rare variant. that's the second time only that i have the chance to see one example of this type. First one was made of strong "breadbag" cloth. Here the workmanship is correct, materials are consistent also. It would be interesting to see the inner stiffener...if the seller offers a return policy and full refund...you should think to buy it and make your own judgement once in hands...nice item.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)