Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 German Canteens

Article about: I got these today from a military shop nearby, I've only collected US canteens until today but I couldn't help but buy these as they were cheap and looked very nice! I believe both are good

Default 2 German Canteens

I got these today from a military shop nearby, I've only collected US canteens until today but I couldn't help but buy these as they were cheap and looked very nice! I believe both are good original pieces; however, the one with the RZM stamp concerns me only because I never have luck with any items that are RZM stamped I do hope and believe both pieces are fine, but just wanted to get opinions on them here as I really know nothing about these

2 German Canteens2 German Canteens2 German Canteens2 German Canteens2 German Canteens2 German Canteens2 German Canteens2 German Canteens

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 German Canteens
    P
    Many

They both look nice to me. Maybe Rossi or another here can confirm authenticity on the RZM one. I would be surprised to hear it's fake.
    Last edited by real steel; 05-16-2018 at 03:41 PM.

MAP
    ?

Looking fine to me too! I see nothing wrong with the RZM marked one.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looking fine to me too! I see nothing wrong with the RZM marked one.
    Thank y’all for the info! I figured both would be fine, I just have bad luck with anything marked RZM haha

MAP
    ?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Thank y’all for the info! I figured both would be fine, I just have bad luck with anything marked RZM haha
    Still wait for Rossi....he has one or two of these RZM types and has done his homework...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Both are authentic. Condition is less than ideal so I hope they were very reasonably priced. It is possible to get replacement harnesses either original or reproduction. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Both are authentic. Condition is less than ideal so I hope they were very reasonably priced. It is possible to get replacement harnesses either original or reproduction. NH
    Both were priced very fair in my opinion. I have a few US and an Italian canteens so decided it was time to get some of these haha

Both are fine and original. The MN, Menosa made one is not uncommon. The RZM one more likely used by HJ, SS. Nice finds. Even in that condition I'll take them any day of the week.

Well found!

?

Late to the canteen party but definately like them both. Good pick up! Cheers

Thank y’all for the replies!