Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rucksack

Article about: Can you say me what this for backpack is? Paul

Default Rucksack

Can you say me what this for backpack is?
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rucksack   Rucksack  

Rucksack   Rucksack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rucksack
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rucksack

Looks like the standard "artillery" pattern rucksack but with two additional leather straps sewn on the back?

Cheers, Ade.

Many thanks Ade.
    This is an attic Fund. I found this with Y-shaped. Looks like that the leather straps are sewn addition . And I think that this backpack was after the war still in use. Maybe someone needed after the war these belts on the backpack.
    Paul

Hi Pawlito,
    as Ade has already said it is an "artillary" rucksack. The 2 straps sewn to the front are standard to this type of pack. they were used to carry extra kit, such as gas mask container,zeltban,greatcoat or blanket
    cheers
    Trev

I thank you Trev.
    I thought that the straps are not original. Can you tell me what value has this backpack?

Hello Gentlemen,
    I have to disagree a little bit with the previous comments. This Rucksack is not the bacpack adopted in 1940 for non mounted personel of the artillery branch of service. The latter had carrying straps (because artillery personnel were not issued Y-straps) and no straps on the front to fasten the Zeltbahn or blanket.
    This Rucksack is the middle/late war variant introduced when the A-frame production was discontinued and personel from various branches were issued the Y-straps. This Rucksack was meant for all branches, including infantry....It should be considered as the last combat backpack of the war...Hope it helps...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you for that info. It helps me very much.
    Paul

You're welcome...
    collectors often confuse these two bags.
    The artillery Rucksack was meant to give to the foot Kanonieren something bigger than the breadbag while in the field, to allow them to carry more stuff.

The middle/late war variant was meant to replace the Gefechtsgepäck in the infantry and was widespread in the Heer when most of all branches were equipped with the Y-straps.

the first one is less common than the second one. You can still find easily unissued examples of the latter. It was really meant for combat. This is not one of these huge late war backpacks with external pockets that were mostly meant for transport from a point A to a point B.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Well you learn something new everyday here. Thanks for the extra info!

Cheers, Ade.

Rucksack für artillerie was introduced in February 1940 for dismounted artillery personnel, replacing the M1934 pack; mounted personnel used saddle bags. These also saw limited issue to infantry and other units from 1941, especially on the Eastern front and in North Africa. In January 1943 they were authorized for cyclist units....

(from the book German Combat Equipment 1939-45)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast