Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advice for a German fat container, please.

Article about: Hi guys I'm thinking of purchasing this fat container & wondered if you would consider this to be WW2 or Post-1945 ? It has two markings, one on the inside of lid & the other on the

You may be over-thinking this item's history. Bakelite and Urea Resin are pretty similar. They were developed for commercial use in 1907 and 1929 respectively. They combine formaldehyde with phenolic resin or with Urea (obtained from ammonia) to form a liquid that can be used as glue, a coating or combined with other material to form into molds. The commercial name Bakelite is a take off from the developer's name - Leo Baekeland. I think it is fair to use the common commercial name for either one of the methods used to make the material. It was used post war but it appears you have posted two war time examples. The oatmeal colored types with slightly different lids that screw down further are identified as post war. NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice for a German fat container, please.
    P
    Many

Cheers Neil, the orange one, seems correct all round, from what I've read, Roberto kindly donated the picture of his black version. So yes Bakelite, near enough, so virtually identical in material make-up.
    Cheers Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2