Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches

Article about: Hey guys. I've just found a tropical MP40 mag pouch at War Treasure, German Militaria, Afrika Korps mag pouch for 3 mags I see no obvious Waffenamts or other production numbers, nor the clas

Default Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches

Hey guys.
    I've just found a tropical MP40 mag pouch at War Treasure, German Militaria, Afrika Korps mag pouch for 3 mags
    I see no obvious Waffenamts or other production numbers, nor the classic "MP38 u. 40" markings anywhere. However, on the fourth photo, I see some curious markings on the metal parts of the canvas straps. Also, while the pouch is in pristine condition, some of the tabs have indications of minute use.
    The rivets on the pouch seem like WW2 German ones, but then again this is not my area of specialty. In the second photo, another item of curiosity is the tab connecting the pouch to the Y-straps, which is a pale blue color (possibly Luftwaffe?) Can somebody please clarify if these are the real deal or repros?

Much thanks,
    Searinox
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches   Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches  

Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches   Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches  

Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches   Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Afrika Korps? Tropical MP40 Magazine Pouches

Hi Searinox

Im no expert on German field equipment of WW2, but this is just NOT ringing the right bells with me, neither is the belt.
    As usual, I shall wait, for other, more knowledgeable people than me to have their say-so, but, in my opinion, these are not good.

Reagrds etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Not like any I have seen before. If I was asked, I would quess that they were repros.

Jerry

Sorry but I would guess repo or fake it just does not look right.

Sorry these pouches are bad.

Cheers, Ade.

I have seen these before ..I think some country Africa post war..but i don't think they are german

Quote by theduke635 View Post
    I have seen these before ..I think some country Africa post war..but i don't think they are german
    In my opinion they're just modern fakes made to deceive!Many commie satellite Countries in Africa,SEA and South America got tons of captured Germam weapons and ammo from the russkies but I doubt they went to such an extent as to produce ammo pouches as close to the original as possiblle...they sure may have used original equipment but,again,I dobt they made nearly identical copies!
    These are probably Czech fakes using originalk hardware and the odd strap,in fact a few years ago quite a few A-frames made of a mix of post-war Czech webbing and original WW 2 German parachute straps did surface...they even had internal stiffeners made of pieces of steel saws!
    These pouches simply are fakes!
    Cheers
    Manny

-wuffy-
    ?

,,this "seller" has many "fakes" advertised as period. He'll play dumb and line his pockets with your hard earned money if you believe the bull his site is full of.
    I'm still waiting for a refund on a load of garbage I returned on the 24th. "Houston,
    we may have a problem?"