Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrikakorps binocular? CAG

Article about: Hi all! i just bought this binocular a few days ago, i check the internet and im shure now its a Afrikakorps binocular CAG =Swarowski , but what is the black paint also there , some desert c

Default Afrikakorps binocular? CAG

Hi all!

i just boughtAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAGAfrikakorps binocular? CAG this binocular a few days ago, i check the internet and im shure now its a Afrikakorps binocular CAG =Swarowski , but what is the black paint also there , some desert color and black as well , somebody can tell me about this stuff , serial num ? 128286 what year made

thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps binocular? CAG
    P
    Many

Not necessarily Afrika Korps, or even Mediterranean for that matter. 'Dunkelgelb' paint, as it was known, was used on pretty much everything later in the war when stocks of other paint ran low. That's why you'd see German tanks in the European Theatre painted the same shade. They'd use whatever they could get, even primer and undercoat paints if necessary. The same is most likely true for these.

Some sellers use the Afrika Korps connection to push up the price tag, but in reality there's nothing connecting these field glasses to that particular theatre. Unless of course one has concrete provenance.

Regards, B.B.

The highest one in the Axis History Forum list is 307750. That list also mentions a tan North African provenance one (81597) so #128286 puts it somewhere near midway between the two...... I'm guessing 1944?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's not easy to see from your pictures but if the little triangle on the body has a green filling then this indicates they were oiled for tropical use, a blue triangle would indicate cold weather useage.