Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Canteen? 1935 vintage?

Article about: Anybody have one of these black wool canteens? If so what are your opinions on this one? I don't believe this version came with a cup did it? Marked RZM 46/35.

?

Default Allgemeine SS Canteen

Hello...Got it. Here are a plethora of pictures on the SS-Allgemeine Canteen. Nicely Marked RZM 46/35 on top lid and neck. No markings on wool button seam but it is a great piece. Believe it to be Mid 1930s vintage. Taking the nice wool cover off was like taking the clothes off my hot first girlfriend. Link to my site: SS Allgemeine Canteen - 1935
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?   Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?  

Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?   Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?  

Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?  
    Last edited by Rossi; 03-18-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?
    P
    Many

Looks straight to my eyes. Not seeing anything glaringly amiss on this one. Shea generally knows his stuff. Moth eaten cover would heavily lower the value to me,though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks straight to my eyes. Not seeing anything glaringly amiss on this one. Shea generally knows his stuff. Moth eaten cover would heavily lower the value to me,though.
    Thanks William. I will compare the canteen to Shea's pictures and also take some shots of my own tonight or next week.
    Last edited by Rossi; 02-25-2016 at 03:23 PM.

I like it, 1935 is rare. You can go on the forum to the SS markings and compare.
    Here, it's complete!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Very nice. I didn't know that this canteen existed.

I would not limit this to just the Allgemeine SS but also all branches. It is more likely that such a piece would be used primarily by the SS-VT. I had one like this when I was a kid.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I would not limit this to just the Allgemeine SS but also all branches. It is more likely that such a piece would be used primarily by the SS-VT. I had one like this when I was a kid.
    Thanks Bob...good point & agreed. I have seen a couple HJ and GAU / Political canteens like this in past years that were mid 1930's models with different color wool covers. Different markings of course as well. I will post better picks when I am able to get a hold of this over the weekend! Have a good one!

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Thanks Bob...good point & agreed. I have seen a couple HJ and GAU / Political canteens like this in past years that were mid 1930's models with different color wool covers. Different markings of course as well. I will post better picks when I am able to get a hold of this over the weekend! Have a good one!
    Looking forward to seeing pics of this canteen

?

Hello...Got it. Here are a plethora of pictures on the SS-Allgemeine Canteen. Nicely Marked RZM 46/35 on top lid and neck. No markings on wool button seam but it is a great piece. Believe it to be Mid 1930s vintage. Taking the nice wool cover off was like taking the clothes off my hot first girlfriend. Link to my site: SS Allgemeine Canteen - 1935
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?   Allgemeine SS Canteen?  1935 vintage?  

Last edited by Rossi; 03-18-2016 at 07:46 AM.

?

Looks very nice to me. I only have 3 canteens but all are early RZM marked. Nice addition

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast