Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ammo Pouch

Article about: Bought this ammo pouch a while back. It seems authentic - the leather is thicker, darker, and definitely old (a repro can be ruled out). All of the metal fittings and attachments seems corre

?

Default Ammo Pouch

Bought this ammo pouch a while back. It seems authentic - the leather is thicker, darker, and definitely old (a repro can be ruled out). All of the metal fittings and attachments seems correct as well - with the exception of the missing D-loop on the back of the middle pouch. Also, the pouches have dividers on the inside (most of the ammo pouches I've seen don't have these). There aren't any extremely visible markings, though the leather is pretty worn. Bottom line - is this a true Kar 98 ammo pouch? Has anyone seen any without the missing center back loop?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ammo Pouch   Ammo Pouch  

Ammo Pouch   Ammo Pouch  

Ammo Pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ammo Pouch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ammo Pouch

All I can tell you is they are not German WW2 issue.

The problem is, so many other countries used this type of design. I am sure another forum member will be able to tell you which country these are from.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,
    they look like WWI Mauser Ammo pouches.Cannot tell if they are WWI Heer issue in that they were made for Sweden as well and used by the Finnish too!
    HTH
    Manny

IMO they look to be swedish puoches but this isn't really my area of expertice

TheCroatian
    ?

Studs brass? Could it be Turkish?

?

Look's very finnish to me . Can you see any SA markings on the top of the lid on the middle pouch?

The finns used a lot of ww1 and post ww1 german equipment so it can be one of those

Never seen any sweede using theese

?

Quote by PREST1 View Post
    Look's very finnish to me . Can you see any SA markings on the top of the lid on the middle pouch?
    Unfortunately, I can find no marks whatsoever, not even evidence of markings. The grommets look to be brass, but are oxidizing a greenish color, like copper. Thanks for all of your help guys.
    Matthew