Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ammunition Identification of this Crate

Article about: Hey I recently purchased this Box and I'm having trouble this is my first piece of German memorabilia and I am unfamiliar with it, it appears to be rare-ish?, 1939 was the issue date I belie

Well said CBH.. I love items like this. They are not paid much attention to and are disappearing fast. Please make sure this one is around for a long time.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I too love the odds and ends of WWII , ammo boxes etc . I pick up an British issue water can , a so called Flimsy , 45 dated in original blue paint ( Don't Drink Gas ) it was sitting in a friends barn for the last 50 years or so . Now what I will ever do with it is another story , lol .

I know what you mean. If I picked up every item from ww2 I liked I wouldn't have room first off. Secondly, I would just be considered a hoarder to most.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

CBH
    ?

Yes that can be a problem , but military stuff always retains some value . So you can always find it a new home , as long as we collectors still hoard ! lol

CBH
    ?

Also I've seen one of these boxes not that long ago , no sticker so not nearly as nice . But Now I want it !

Agreed! I would love to store my ww2 ammo in it!

?

Thumbs up

I kinda like the wooden ammo crates.
    I have several of the wooden ammo crates. Have for 8mm rifle, 7,9 Kurz and either 13 or 20mm. I think I also have one for the PAK 38 and the 50mm mortar???
    Some of them are packed full of ammo in the 300 rd sleeves.
    And for post war I have a full crate of east German 7.9 Kurz.
    Sarge

Definitely looking for those. All I have right now is post war ammo cans and crates.

CBH
    ?

Picked up a nice Naval Magazine marked metal ammo box in the garbage a couple years back , holds 3 - .50 cal boxes . Only have one wooden ammo box and it's post war Soviet , also a couple WWII wooden depth charge pistol (Fuse) boxes .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123