Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?

Article about: Good evening chaps I have found the canteen in the pictures below at a local auction. I really don't know much at all about the German canteens but this one in particular seems "off&quo

Default Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?

Good evening chaps

I have found the canteen in the pictures below at a local auction. I really don't know much at all about the German canteens but this one in particular seems "off" to me perhaps due to the good condition of the item. The questions are whether it is in fact a real canteen from WW2 Germany, whether any other countires used the canteens/design after WW2 and whether $30 is to expensive ?

Is this something worth getting ? Looking forward as always to your input.

Yours

Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?   Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  

Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?   Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  

Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?   Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?  Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Authentic German WW2 Canteen or perhaps not ?

I have recntly been looking canteens with a view to buying one, this one looks ok to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

the bottle looks fine but i'm not sure about the metal cup, i thought they had a fitting on one side to thread the leather strap though.

The metal cup seems to be WWI or paramilitay, to put on the HJ breadbag ?

Still a good deal for $30, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. Anyone have an idea about the marking W.A.L. 36 ? If my scale modelling days serve me well, I seem to recall that little black cup being used at the start of the war. Also, the patter on the "buttons" at the side of the water bottle bother me a bit as they seem a bit "civilian" to have been used on a piece of military kit ?

Nice one, and indeed a good deal.

That odd little design is typical for "Prym Snaps"...It's one of the first things I look for!
    Cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That odd little design is typical for "Prym Snaps"...trust no canteen cover without them!
    Glenn
    X2

?

Looks OK but the hook is defect. The clip is missing.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast