Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AWF40 mess tin

Article about: Hello this is my new mess tin i wanted to buy one for a while bc i wanted to complete my field gear set so here it is i think it is missmatched though but i like it a lot it has many names o

Default AWF40 mess tin

Hello this is my new mess tin
    i wanted to buy one for a while bc i wanted to complete my field gear set
    so here it is i think it is missmatched though but i like it a lot
    it has many names on it on the upper part is Leitner and Liek also there is a russian name idk "ЭEHNE" something like that
    while on the bottom is MUek both (e) and (K)'s on liek/muek are written by the same person i dont know what these mean though AWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tinAWF40 mess tin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AWF40 mess tin
    P
    Many

Quite normal to be mismatched. Kochgeschirrs minus their tops would be carried to the field kitchens and back. If you got yours every time it would have been a miracle.
    An odd set ( for me ) is more representative of a combat used unit.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yeah its definitely a been there item
    Thanks for your post

its travelled and seen it all.

Thanks Harry

Hi guys

I don't know about you, but when I served in the military I was quite keen on getting my own stuff (especially canteen and mess tin) back... I know that in grim war conditions this wouldn't be much of a problem, but my guess is that most mixed mess tins are being put together after war when there were many parts left.

Just my observation

Tom

Nice earlier salty been there kit. timothy

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Hi guys

I don't know about you, but when I served in the military I was quite keen on getting my own stuff (especially canteen and mess tin) back... I know that in grim war conditions this wouldn't be much of a problem, but my guess is that most mixed mess tins are being put together after war when there were many parts left.

Just my observation

Tom
    With respect Tom, my opinion is based on seeing photos like the below where tops and bottoms off kochgeschirrs ( and cups too from the feldflasche ) were removed and stored separately or groups were taken to the field kitchens. Marking with one's initials is the only way one could have a hope of getting the right one back and so for me, images like these explain why so many encountered canteens and mess kits are mismatched.

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AWF40 mess tin   AWF40 mess tin  

Attached Images Attached Images AWF40 mess tin 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the replies i think the last pictures explain why they are unmatched

Hi Guys,

I'm absolutely not saying I am right, but what exactly do these pictures proof.... that a few man of the platoon collected the mess tins and got the food, that's exactly how it was in my days... I still wanted my own mess tin (and the rest of the guys too).... the last pictures shows the mess tins and canteens put in the sun (probably to dry)... we also did this (and I still got my own stuff back )

And, most of the canteens had the small label that soldiers put on it with their names.... why bother if they were mixed and matched in the field, also goes for the name that a lot of soldiers scratched in their mess tins.... again.. why bother...

Just saying that pictures are not proof, its just how they are interpreted, and they can be interpreted in several ways

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast