Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonet - opinions please?

Article about: Hi. Any information you can give about this item - date, manufacturer, type, originality etc would be much appreciated. Thanks

?

Default Bayonet - opinions please?

Hi. Any information you can give about this item - date, manufacturer, type, originality etc would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet - opinions please?   Bayonet - opinions please?  

Bayonet - opinions please?   Bayonet - opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet - opinions please?
    P
    Many

its a K98 bayonet in tropical frog by Paul Weyersberg

?

Thank you for the reply Harry. I assume it is original? How can you tell Tropical from late war webbing? Thanks in advance

Does it have any other markings such as a serial number or a date on the back of the blade ?

Quote by ME110 View Post
    Thank you for the reply Harry. I assume it is original? How can you tell Tropical from late war webbing? Thanks in advance
    Tropical/DAK were all webbing, some late war frogs were a combination of leather and webbing!..

?

Yes Richie, it says 6065 with an 'a' underneath on the opposite side to the makers mark

?

The same number and letter combination should be above the frog stud, if it is matching, or a different set, if not. If it is matching, it is probably marked 40 on the spine of the blade for a manufacturing date of 1940. The frog looks like a good one, but I would wait for frogprice or sleepwalkers opinion.

Jim

?

Hi Jim. The spine of the blade is stamped '38'. The number above the frog stud is 3590 and not 6065 like the blade. Is this a point of concern?

The mismatched numbers are not a concern as the bayo and scabbard look original just mismatched. The tropical frog looks good , IMO , and they are difficult to find.
    Steve

?

As Steve has said, not a concern at all, just not the more desirable matched set. But, I would think the tropical frog more than makes up for that.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast