Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Beleuchtung box

Article about: Well ive searched through internet and google images for a wooden box like this and no luck,a lamp box with small division now missing,about 8 x 10 inches,sprung gas mask type strap,over to

Default Beleuchtung box

Well ive searched through internet and google images for a wooden box like this and no luck,a lamp box with small division now missing,about 8 x 10 inches,sprung gas mask type strap,over to you chaps,thanks Colin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beleuchtung box   Beleuchtung box  

Beleuchtung box   Beleuchtung box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beleuchtung box
    P
    Many

Beleuchtung box

Did it hold two of these troop lanterns? NH

Well done Neil,thats the chap,did it say what it actually was or did i miss some thing ?

Look carefully at the photo of the content label on the lid. You will see the contents included a Karbidelampe and battery among other items. If you need help with translation let me know. NH

Why do you think it needed carbide and battery ?

I don't think it had a carbide lamp now that I look more carefully. You have to check the content label and research each item. My last look indicates the Stirnlampe is a head lamp - similar to the miner's lantern. Because there is no designation on the box I think it may be a civilian mining set. NH

Thanks for your help Neil,the google translator doesnt like old german so lamp in a bag with strap and batteries is best i can come up with.Colour and fittings suggest military as does fact there was a DAK coloured one on that web site,we may never know.