Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Binocular Question Please

Article about: Hello I have a question please if anyone could help. A friend of mine is a heavy duty truck driver. He used to pick up a loads of lumber at a local yard. They would load him with a really bi

?

Default Binocular Question Please

Hello
    I have a question please if anyone could help. A friend of mine is a heavy duty truck driver. He used to pick up a loads of lumber at a local yard. They would load him with a really big forklift. My friend said he noticed from time to time what look like binoculars thrown on the back of the lift with extra chains and clamps they used for loading. Finally one day he asked the forklift driver if he could see them. The driver said that they had been on the back of that old forklift for as long as he had been working there.
    My friend talked him out of them and gave them to me. They are very rough but, I think they are neat. Can anyone tell me anything about them? I don't have any books on optics.
    There are numbers on the inside of the lens when you look thru them. Like maybe for artillery.
    Thanks for the help.
    Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please  Binocular Question Please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Binocular Question Please
    P
    Many

Pics are too small to see much but they appear to be Eagle over M marked for the German navy (Kriegsmarine) in the TR period.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

These are Artillery and Kriegsmarine/Navy-marked...Coastal Artillery, perhaps....
    cheers, Glenn

a nice pick up.

Made by the Prague firm of sty& sybs as has already been said kriegsmarine/ coastal artillery a nice little find

?

Bigger photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Binocular Question Please   Binocular Question Please  

Binocular Question Please   Binocular Question Please  

?

Thank You for the help. Can you tell me how you can tell who the maker is? Is it the 779 number?
    I can't find any information on that manufacturer.

Can't add anything that hasn't already been said Naval Kregismarine eagle over M binouclars Nice find though Navy are rarer than common Dientsglass (army wermacht) ones. You might google it I think there is a data base on German Optical Manuf. makers I have seen it at one time. timothy

Are they still functional? How are the optics in them? Clear and focusable?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Maker is the Prague firm stys&sybs or bmk as they changed to that code in 1942,nice set

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast