Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Book Announcement (for Equipments fanatics....)

Article about: WOW congratulations - getting one for sure !

Quote by Molders View Post
    Hello J-P,

You could maybe ask them to place an erratum in the book?

Regards
    Ron
    Hello Ronald,
    If you have a trick to add an erratum in a book that has already been released...i take it....
    The time travel machine has not been invented yet, too bad...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book Announcement (for Equipments fanatics....)
    P
    Many

J-P,

I was thinking to errata sheets that the the publishing house could add in or with the books.

"Errata sheets[edit]

The Chicago Manual of Style describes an errata sheet as follows: "Errata, lists of errors and their corrections, may take the form of loose, inserted sheets or bound-in pages. An errata sheet is definitely not a usual part of a book. It should never be supplied to correct simple typographical errors (which may be rectified in a later printing) or to insert additions to, or revisions of, the printed text (which should wait for the next edition of the book). It is a device to be used only in extreme cases where errors severe enough to cause misunderstanding are detected too late to correct in the normal way but before the finished book is distributed. Then the errors may be listed with their locations and their corrections on a sheet that is tipped in, either before or after the book is bound, or laid in loose, usually inside the front cover of the book. (Tipping and inserting must be done by hand, thus adding considerably to the cost of the book.)"[1]"
    Source : Erratum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by Danmark View Post
    That is MOST disappointing JP!!!! When they send a proof copy, SURELY the intention is to proof not only the text, but the layout & translation - why do they cobble a fine work like that ....grrrr.

I am still waiting for my copy ( seemingly Amazon must be shipping it by yak over the Himalayas ) but I will make the corrections as you have pointed out.

Regards, Dan

Hello Dan,
    Yes it is and i dont know why...or i perfectly know why but as right now the sun is shining high in the sky, as i'm having a freezing Pepsi with a slice of lemon while looking at the magnificent river Tarn from my kitchen balcony, thinking how life is good when spring is coming back, that i just dont want to think about it, i dont want getting upset or more...The thing is now past and you can't change past.
    You're right to still wait for your copy, beside the mistakes made by their "team", i'm still proud of this "long range" work.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by Molders View Post
    J-P,
    I was thinking to errata sheets that the the publishing house could add in or with the books.

Hello again,
    I really dont know if it is possible when the book has already been released, distributed and some already sold...
    I already received calls from french friends who did read it last weekend..
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Quote by timothy View Post
    have had a copy preordered since September 13. Thanks JP for the heads up. timothy
    Dont worry Timothy, it's coming....
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    I feel your pain !!

I received my copy yesterday.... and I must say, I do like it...... (besides the mistakes the publisher made of course)

Indeed, I was going to ask you who messed up the photo of the belt loop on page 17, incredible that such mistakes go unseen by the publisher....

Understandable that you are very pissed.

So, besides the mistakes which obviously is not your fault, I want to thank you for the effort made... and maybe a 2nd edition will be the one without the mistakes....

Tom
    Hello Tom,
    Thanks for your support...
    If the book is not a success among collectors, there wont be a 2nd edition, if it is, then a corrected 2nd edition will be a serious option to think about...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Got an email from Amazon today - I thought the yaks they were sending it with were eaten by a yeti in the Himalayas but no, they say the book is still not released?????? ...they are saying release is not until April 19th!!!

What the??? - I wonder how much interest they have made so far on my money? ......

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Same msg I got here in the states? just today. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    same msg i got here in the states? Just today. Timothy
    it's an international conspiracy!!!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello Gentlemen,
    The publishing house told me that the book should be released mid-march !!!
    I do not know what is going on with them...
    Almost all contributors have received their copy and i received mine...
    It does not take a month to send books to distributors...
    I have just spent almost a week without an internet connexion and telephone so i could not ask them anything.
    I'll try to keep you informed as soon as possible.
    For those interested, i do have 19 copies in english and 8 in french (can be signed if wanted) for sale for 19,95 euro each (+ post as i'm not amazon)...let me know via PM...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast