MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bread Bag, Original or Reproduction?

Article about: my very first Feild Equipment item was a bread bag, at the time I didn't do much homework but the seller I bought it form dosen't know or cannot verify if it's original or a reproduction. I

Question Bread Bag, Original or Reproduction?

my very first Feild Equipment item was a bread bag, at the time I didn't do much homework but the seller I bought it form dosen't know or cannot verify if it's original or a reproduction. I looked at the breadbag and there is alot of questionable things about it now that I did do some more homework. What the bag features is two storage comparments, a strap that has been sowed on permanently and looks fragile two, later on I udnerstand there are straps for this bread bag . And the buttons are not sowed in. It dosen't have the rings for the straps either. There are no marking of any kind and the material is very fine cotton.

The seller's Ebay:
    Original German Bread Bag - Green - Epic Militaria

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bread Bag, Original or Reproduction?
    P
    Many

Well....the description says "These are Post-WW2 green cotton bread bags, practically identical to the ones issued in WW2". Pretty much tells the story.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Basically, if it has TWO compartments it is either pre-war or post war.

If its pre-war it wont have the extra loop and D ring for the mess tin ( this was carried in the tornister at this time ) If it does have Two loops & D rings + TWO compartments then its post war - simple - and no point looking further......

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

mpw
    ?

Welcome to the forum Conditioner. It is always best to post a photo instead of a link as link go dead and the thread will become useless. Here is the item under discussion.

Bread Bag, Original or Reproduction?

Advertisers description....

These are Post-WW2 green cotton bread bags, practically identical to the ones issued in WW2.

We recently picked up a batch of these from Germany. We are unsure of the original source of these bags, they may be original army issue or accurate reproductions.

Rgd's, MArk.