Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Breadbag belt-tabs

Article about: Gentlemen, (forgive me up front - I cannot post pictures right now) I recently acquired a breadbag that fits all the proper wartime criteria I know of(I've searched this site, others, gone o

?

Default Breadbag belt-tabs

Gentlemen,

(forgive me up front - I cannot post pictures right now) I recently acquired a breadbag that fits all the proper wartime criteria I know of(I've searched this site, others, gone over the Erste Zug breadbag page, etc.) except one area that concerns me. The belt tabs are not pointed per the norm - but they aren't squared either. The tabs are cut on a bias or angle, the "pointed" end to the "outside" of the bag.

Were any wartime bags made this way?

I know it is much tougher without pics - but just wonder if this post-war now or not.

*I inquired if the tabs were pointed up front - was told yes...which they are...but not in usual sense! Who would have guessed?!?!

Any thoughts or input greatly appreciated!

Richard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Breadbag belt-tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Breadbag belt-tabs

Hi Richard, I have certainly seen this feature before and I think it was on wartime bags?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not seen here, but a nice site for reference:

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Brotbeutel
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you for the swift response. I am still hopeful this is legit since, as I noted, everything else seems "right" on this bag, and it doesn't appear the tabs could/would have been altered, etc.

Thanks for the link as well!

*actually, I just looked at the link provided and there may indeed be a bag like the one I described. In the third group of bags pictured, the second from the left appears to have tabs that are angled in the manner of the one in my possession. It isn't easy to tell, but does seem to be the case???

Hello,
    belt loops of WWII military breadbags are usually pointed, but you can find them cut on an angle with the pointed end on the inside or the outside, no big deal here...It would be nice if you could post some photos...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    belt loops of WWII military breadbags are usually pointed, but you can find them cut on an angle with the pointed end on the inside or the outside, no big deal here...It would be nice if you could post some photos...
    Thanks
    Thanks! Yes, I know a picture would help tremendously, but in a bit of a computer transfer phase right now!!