Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Breadbag....German WW2?

Article about: I bought this breadbag while in Germany a few days ago. Is it WW2 vintage? I could not find an acceptance stamp. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

?

Default Breadbag....German WW2?

I bought this breadbag while in Germany a few days ago. Is it WW2 vintage? I could not find an acceptance stamp. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Breadbag....German WW2?   Breadbag....German WW2?  

Breadbag....German WW2?   Breadbag....German WW2?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Breadbag....German WW2?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Breadbag....German WW2?

Hello Pablo,
    Yes it looks like an original WWII german Brotbeutel. Due to the color of its cloth it's most probably a Luftwaffe Brotbeutel. According to the steel fittings (D-rings, Hook), zinc buttons and leather parts sewn on the belt loops, it's an early war Brotbeutel. In 1940 metal fitting were still in aluminium and in 1942, leather parts on the belt loops were discontinued when Germany entered the economy of war....so 1941.
    Here's an advice for you concerning what to show on photos when you want to authentify a Brotbeutel on forums...."never" forget to show the interior of it, just to check if there's a divider or not. A WWII military (Wehrmacht Heer, Luftwaffe and Marine, Waffen-SS) Brotbeutel does not have one, never....

You won't necessarily find an acceptance stamp on them...
    Check the back of the belt loop, inner part of the flap or the inner side of the front part for a maker's mark...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)