Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: I thought some of you might be interested in seeing some of the surviving fittings that I have in my German bunker. The bunker is actually built into the sea wall here in Jersey and so i gue

Default Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing some of the surviving fittings that I have in my German bunker. The bunker is actually built into the sea wall here in Jersey and so i gues you can't get much closer to it being part of Hitler's Atlantic Wall than that. the bunker originally housed a converted French 10.5cm field piece, a K331(f) as the german's called them. They captured loads of the field pieces as they stormed across France and when the battle was won the gathered up these field guns and converted them to fixed position pieces and sent them to the Channel Islands for use around the coast. Unfortunately the gun in my bunker was cut out during the 1950's scrap drive on the Island. Today I have installed a small viewing window on the blocked up hole left by the gun. The bunker now houses the Channel Islands Military Museum here in Jersey.
    Hope you like the pictures.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.   Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.   Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.   Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.

Amazing
    A great place to visit.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Default Re: Bunker fittings and doors in my German bunker here in Jersey, Channel Islands.

what an amazing thread ,thank you for sharing these great pictures

wow!!!amazing

A very interesting way to recycle a non portable relic of the war. I would love to see it some day.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.