Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone help identify this?

Article about: I picked this artical up last night along with a complete foot locker of items that looked to be untouched just stored away since the end of ww2, untill now. this item was in the locker and

?

Default Can someone help identify this?

I picked this artical up last night along with a complete foot locker of items that looked to be untouched just stored away since the end of ww2, untill now. this item was in the locker and i cant seem to idenitfy it to be german related or not. It seems to be made of a rayon type material, about 5ft in length and maybe 4ft across. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone help identify this?   Can someone help identify this?  

Can someone help identify this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone help identify this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can someone help identify this?

Hi John, it is tempting to say it is Parachute "silk" but the usual pattern I am familiar with has several colours to the camo. And of course the panels would be smaller than this. Unfinished material?

Cheers, Ade.

?

not quite sure what you ment by finished material Ade, but it seems to be the same on both sides, it dose have a silky feel to it but not the same as real silk if you know what i am trying to say, there is no holes, no tares, rips, the stiching is intact all the way around the edges and not a single place were a tag may have been. I am just confused. but saying it is a para. pannel makes sence, looking at different things on sites and the internet today i was starting to think maybe its some kind of body or head covering?

Hi John, I was thinking unfinished as in if the other colour had not been appiled?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Now that you said that Ade i did some looking around it seems like it could be part of the top ring on a delta style rz20 parachute, just guessing after seeing a picture of one.

thanks