Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canteen cup question.

Article about: Hello, I recently picked up this original ESB37 aluminum canteen cup and whats interesting is the olive green paint. I doesn't look to be post war and has period patina. I know they didn't s

Default Canteen cup question.

Hello, I recently picked up this original ESB37 aluminum canteen cup and whats interesting is the olive green paint. I doesn't look to be post war and has period patina. I know they didn't start painting canteen cups and mess tins in the olive green color till 1941 so, would this have been a "reissue" to conform to the new specs perhaps? or even maybe a old cup that wasn't issued till 41' from old stocks?

Canteen cup question.Canteen cup question.Canteen cup question. I'd like some more opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Canteen cup question.
    P
    Many

Good question. I have only seen black painted cups with an olive repaint over the old paint. You can see the black underneath the olive in worn spots. It certainly could be old stock finally put into service and painted olive. According to German Combat Equipments 1939-1945 the cup was originally black before 1941 as you have stated. NH