Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

canteen to ID

Article about: hello i have this canteen from a while,but havent time to identificate it.from what i see this isn't standard army issue item,can You help with the organisation to wich it belonged? best reg

Default canteen to ID

hello
    i have this canteen from a while,but havent time to identificate it.from what i see this isn't standard army issue item,can You help with the organisation to wich it belonged?
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture canteen to ID   canteen to ID  

canteen to ID   canteen to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement canteen to ID
    P
    Many

With the colour of the cover, it could be NSDAP or SA, perhaps even Hitlerjugend. That shade of brown tends to be commonplace when it comes to political items.
    Of course, there would be no way to tell exactly which organisation used this particular canteen. Without provenance, it could be any of them.

B.B.

thank You very much
    the search field was narrowed down to few organisations so its good to know anything about it
    thank you for the answer
    regards

I think Maker WAL is Westfalische Aluminium Industrie, but not got my book to hand. Nice feldflasche.

thank you for the info it's good to know
    regards

I do believe that this is a Tropical version of the German WW2 Canteen. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

o this is interesting,i've searched the web and-yes i was found almost identical described as a africa corps canteens
    thank You

Not necessarily Afrikakorps. It is a 1 liter canteen used on many fronts. They are usually associated with mountain troops but was not exclusively used by them. It is not unusual to see them with web straps. Here is my 1 liter with leather strap for comparison. Production halted after 1942. NH

canteen to IDcanteen to ID

?

Nice canteen. For comparison, here is one of my 1934 SA/Political canteens. RZM marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture canteen to ID   canteen to ID  

canteen to ID