Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Zeiss binoculars Help Please!!!!

Article about: Gents, I don't know much about optics, so I am turning to the forum for help. I have seen several other forums where these were identified as good, but then another forum has a different opi

Default Carl Zeiss binoculars Help Please!!!!

Gents, I don't know much about optics, so I am turning to the forum for help. I have seen several other forums where these were identified as good, but then another forum has a different opinion! Can anyone tell me positively if these are good or bad??????? The serial number is 2069661, indicating they were produced in 1940. I know they are missing the rain guards and the eye cups, but otherwise show what I think would be honest, heavy wear, especially for a pair produced so early in the war. Any help is appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Zeiss binoculars  Help Please!!!!   Carl Zeiss binoculars  Help Please!!!!  

Carl Zeiss binoculars  Help Please!!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Zeiss binoculars  Help Please!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Carl Zeiss binoculars Help Please!!!!

They look good to me, they are marked "Flak(Küste) which means that it has been been in used in the coastal artillery.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

In saw these for sale on another forum and do consider that you got an absolute bargain in them , I was only sorry I didn't see them earlier myself ! but no hard feeling well done.

If they were mine I would get a set of replacement eye cups from Mike Palmer , get them professionally cleaned and would use them.

If at some stage you can get a badly conditioned set of D.glass "for spares and repairs" if the beauty rings on the objectives are missing ( your photos do not show this well) the rings from a lesser set will or should fit them.

The exterior condition I would not worry about if they are sound in terms of the internal glass prisms etc go you have a really good set there which is worth and more what you paid for them.

The same gent has a set of beh d.glass on for sale and he is looking more for them , IMO he got his pricing wrong and you got what is so often described as " the real deal".

A very nice set and no mistake.

Thank you gents for the thoughts on these.

behblc, some good news for you, I didn't buy these from a forum, so the ones you saw are probably still available! I obtained these directly from a US veteran a few days ago who lives nearby here in Southern California. SO go get that other pair behblc!!!!!!

?

Unfortunately they are gone

Ah, sorry to hear. Hopefully another pair will pop up! Thank you again for the information.

?

einflieger , I am indeed mistaken .... completely wrong but so rare to see two pairs of this type in the one week , your set is one which is well worth having.
    I apologise for my mistake , enjoy your gas mask set one of the very best you could own.

Hi! Have just joined this board because I, too was looking for information. I have a set of 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste) Ziess Binoculars as well. Thet have the neck strap, button flap, and case with strap. All in good shape, too. I understand these are very rare. My serial number is 2069740, Flak Nr. 5019.

The eye cup rubbers are present, but "shot". The optics are excellant, and gradients are visible in the right lens.

Any idea on value? I can post pictures later.

Larry, I am just learning about them myself, but from the serial number, I can tell you yours were also manufactured in 1940.
    Clint