Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30

Article about: I obtained these a few days ago and after much research, I'm still baffled. Thanks to Pierre, I know they were made in 1940. However, I have found that the M IV/1 on either side of the swas

Default Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30

I obtained these a few days ago and after much research, I'm still baffled. Thanks to Pierre, I know they were made in 1940. However, I have found that the M IV/1 on either side of the swas is suppose to mean they are Kriegsmarine. Do any of you gentlemen know if that is true? If it is true, why would they be painted in the Africa Korps color. Also any ideas on what the
    Nr. 1337 means on the right side below the swas. I sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30   Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30
    P
    Many

Default Re: Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30

Had to split up last three photos, too darn big.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30   Carl Ziess Dienstglas (Tan) 6 X 30  

Here what I know they are kriegsmarine they were use in that color on U-boat and other ships,I think the number is the longest distance you can get with good view.They are very nice.

Hi Chris, thanks, been perplexed on this one. The color just didn't seem right for ships. I had a suspicion they were for artillery because on the right eyepiece, there are vertical and horizonal grids at 8 degree intervals. Including negative degrees that would seem to aide in hitting positions below you, which hopefully couldn't happen in the ocean.

Take care,
    Jay

I found a website with several examples of Kreigsmarine glasses and you were spot on Chris, they are painted the same color. Just seems to be a weird color for open water. Does anyone know if the Nr. 1337 has something to do with it's operational range?

Thanks,
    Jay

Hello,
    They're indeed Kriegsmarine.
    Not all Kriegsmarine units served on battleships or submarines...
    there were ground units also, like Küstenartillerie.
    Was the 6x30 type widely used on board ?
    I really don't know but IMO more powerful binoculars were needed at sea.
    Concerning the tan color....don't forget that a lot of equipments released circa 1943 were factory tan painted....and if not, they were field tan repainted.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

They very well could have been repainted and used by a coastal battery. I knew nothing about binoculars so this has been a learning experience. They do seem to be very weak for use at sea. Thank you for the information!

Take care,
    Jay

Anybody know where parts for binos can be found. I need an eyecup for a Voightlander & Sohn pair