Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here are a few photo's of the German bunker that I open in the summer to the public as a museum. It is a standard 10.5cm casemate/bunker, meaning it housed a 10.5cm cannon which was used for

Default Re: The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Roger that... Nice gun...Are all the defences around the Island or mainly North??...Being that Uk was the threat.. Cheers Terry. .
    I think D would know more about the gun than myself, but from what I can remember its a Belgian WW1 gun that the Germans brought with them when they occupied the Islands.

It was pushed over the side into the sea from its position at the end of the war and was then brought back up in the 70s i think !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Great phoitos and thanks for posting. What is Kam, is it some sort of ersatz spam?...

Quote by cossie400 View Post
    Visited your bunker last June, it was like walking into heaven for me lol, amazing.
    Any chance you have a 34/42 available to fire? If so could you pm me some detail/cost etc, I'd chop my arm off for the chance!.
    Regards, John
    I think I would have to agree to that John !!!! pease please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

?

Looks a bit strong that brew lol.. nice cup I have one like that somewhere in the house.. Thanks for the info the Missus is bugging me to go to the channel islands.. might have to go then otherwise I'll get my balls kicked..Cheers Terry.

Hi,
    Feel free to post pics, I won't feel hi-jacked. The Germans had guns all around the Island and they could all turn to where ever the threat came from.... with the exception of beach defence guns.
    D.

- - Updated - -

Hi,
    Feel free to post pics, I won't feel hi-jacked. The Germans had guns all around the Island and they could all turn to where ever the threat came from.... with the exception of beach defence guns.
    D.

- - Updated - -

Hi,
    D.

- - Updated - -

Hi,
    D.

ooops, not sure what happened there.
    d

Quote by Tango View Post
    Looks a bit strong that brew lol.. nice cup I have one like that somewhere in the house.. Thanks for the info the Missus is bugging me to go to the channel islands.. might have to go then otherwise I'll get my balls kicked..Cheers Terry.
    Hi Terry

I would go mate, you would love it!! The Islands are all about history, not just WW2 but British History! Elizabeth Castle is probably the most important castle in our recent history!! And is a great place to visit!! You can get to it in an interesting fashion also!! haha

We have stayed in the Radisson Waterfront Hotel at St.Hellier but there are lots of others, it’s handy for walking into St.Hellier at night for the bars and restaurants and stuff
    Your missus may like the shopping, there is no vat!! So all perfumes and stuff like that is duty free!!

Some views from the Raddison !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

?

Looks jolly nice there..well we wont be going this year because all my leave is booked up with other places...lol.. But I will get there 1 day..because the Missus wants to go..lol.. Cheers Terry.

A few quick pictures, did have alot more but I think they were on phones ! The Pomme D'or was German Naval Headquarters, its strange being in there thinking 70 odd years ago, there were jack boots up and down the stairs !! haha

The castle is Mont Orgueil castle, the red arrows indicate where they built watch towers and range finder's onto the turrets of the castle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

?

Bloody big old block house there....Looks a really nice place....The hotel looks a little posh,I'm used to the travel lodge...lol..Thanks for posting some nice snaps there Martin. Cheers Terry.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast