Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here are a few photo's of the German bunker that I open in the summer to the public as a museum. It is a standard 10.5cm casemate/bunker, meaning it housed a 10.5cm cannon which was used for

Default The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Here are a few photo's of the German bunker that I open in the summer to the public as a museum. It is a standard 10.5cm casemate/bunker, meaning it housed a 10.5cm cannon which was used for beach defence in case of an enemy invasion. The bunker formed a direct part of Hitler's Atlantic Wall defences being as it is part of the sea wall. Every room within the bunker is full of German militaria and civilian items from the 5 long years of German Occupation. I have been collecting since the age of 7, so just over 40 years now and there is still new items turning up every week. I have attached a few photo's for you to see. If any of you are ever in this part of the world then please come on down and have a look at the museum. Jersey is only 9 x 5 miles but the place is full of German bunkers and tunnles with loads more to see and do besides.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Looking good there... I´m a bit too far away to be able to pop by, but it sure looks interesting!

Merry Christmas to you!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I would love to see it in person one day,it looks great thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Spectacular D. We rarely have the opportunity over here in the states to see such quality exhibits. You've got your own slice of heaven there. Maybe I can get Eric to fly me over there on the company tab some day.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Spectacular D. We rarely have the opportunity over here in the states to see such quality exhibits. You've got your own slice of heaven there. Maybe I can get Eric to fly me over there on the company tab some day.

Jay
    That would be a blast Jay and then on to Normandy and Chris could show us around. If it was only that easy

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Super you got your own bunker for your collection.
    Great collection.
    Chris

Fantastic! I will make a point of visiting one day soon

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wonderful place to house a fantastic collection, WOW.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

having been to the museum numerous times over the years I dont think you will find a better colection in a more fitting setting easily

Here's a few more pictures from inside the museum for you to see, not the best quality photo's but hopefully you'll see some interesting and different items.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.   The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast