Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Code makers identification

Article about: Hi, from Canada Please can someone give me informations about the makers code on a Luftwaffe candle Lantern that is just bought recently. It has the identification of the german barracks adm

Red face Code makers identification

Hi, from Canada

Please can someone give me informations about the makers code on a Luftwaffe candle Lantern that is just bought recently.

It has the identification of the german barracks administration with the eagle an swatiska and the O.J.B 37

it's the O.J.B. makers code that I need informations.

Any help will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

AB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Code makers identification
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Hi AB , and welcome to the forum . We have a fair number of Canadians here , but never enough !

Have you tried the forum search tool , as I believe some of these were posted in older threads .

Also photos always help , there is a thread in the "how too" section to help with photo posting .

Hope you enjoy your time here , this is a great forum .

Thanks for the help

I will try that way

regards
    Andre

?

Cool

I've had one of those for 40 yrs. They are a neat, but uncommon item.
    ojb is the code for Frenzel u. Sachs, Aluminiumwarenfabrik, Schneeberg (Erzgeb.)
    Sarge

Hi Sarge,

Well a lot of thanks for the information.

This forum is realy working at light speed.

By the way ,do you know where I can have litterature or book on the factory of germany WWII

Regards
    Andre

?

My code buch is a Nurnberg 1977 reprint of the wartime mfgr code lists of 1944. It is 777 pages long. I bought this new in Germany in 1978 or 79. The author is Karl R Pawlas. I have no idea where you would find one today.
    Oh and the ISBN Nr is: ISBN 3 - 88088- 314 - 2
    Sarge

Default Code list

Quote by Sarge View Post
    My code buch is a Nurnberg 1977 reprint of the wartime mfgr code lists of 1944. It is 777 pages long. I bought this new in Germany in 1978 or 79. The author is Karl R Pawlas. I have no idea where you would find one today.
    Oh and the ISBN Nr is: ISBN 3 - 88088- 314 - 2
    Sarge
    Thanks again for your help.

It's great to have someone to rely on.

Have a nice day
    Andre

Hi

2 or 3 letter codes were introduced in 1940, and ojb is a late war code.... if 37 is the date then the OJB (capitals and with dots if i read correct) is not a maker code, but the initials of a producer (like H.R.E. on canteens or messtins is Heinrich Ritter, Esslingen......

Tom

Thanks to you too Tom,

The Writing is O.J.B. like you say with capital letter and dot between the the letter and 37 is the year of production.

So it's intersseting to know from your side.

Is Sarge wright with the maker of this lantern or there is another factory maker.

Regards
    Andre

Hi Andre

In this case Sarge is wrong, because this is not a three letter code, but the initials of the maker like explained in my other reaction.......
    I'm sorry to say i don't know the maker......

Btw i attached a picture of the 3 letter code books....

The one on the right is the (reprint) version of the original code book as printed in 1944.
    The one on the left is the new version of Michael Heidler, which has some nice additions..... it still is available.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Code makers identification